Shake, Tap, Drop! Sponged Gold Technique

Today Melanie Muenchinger is demonstrating a simple design that pops with all the Stately Flowers! Grab your embossing powder for this fun “sponged gold” technique using your daubers!  You’ll look at your powders in a whole new way after this for adding artistic, one of a kind elements to your cards!  Today she uses the Mock Orange from Stately Flowers 11 and explains her inspiration piece. Inspiration is everywhere!

Purchase Stately Flowers 11 stamp set here:

Gina K. Pure Luxury Good as Gold (3 ¾” x 5”), White (3 7/8” x 5 1/8” and scrap approx 7/8” wide by 2-3” long), and Blue Lagoon or Passionate Pink (3 5/8” x 4 7/8” and A2 sized card base, 4 ¼” x 11”,  scored at 5 ½”) cardstock

Tsukineko Versamark pad, Gina K. Blue Lagoon or Passionate Pink ink pad

Gina K. embossing powder

Adhesive, MISTI or acrylic blocks, heat gun, sponge dauber, scissors, adhesive foam squares

Comment by Lisa Sylvia on March 12, 2018 at 5:40pm

WOW, what gorgeous cards. I love both colors, but the blue really stands out more to me. I love to emboss. I didn't know you could just stamp with the Versamark and leave it. Another thing learned :) Thanks for sharing.

Comment by Dana Marsolek on March 8, 2018 at 9:55pm

Beautiful cards!  I really like the teal and gold together and the touch of speckled gold.

Comment by VKay MacManes on March 8, 2018 at 9:24pm

I like the Blue Lagoon the best with the sprinkled embossing .  So pretty and thanks for a new way to use versamark and embossing powder.

Comment by Donna Knipfer on March 8, 2018 at 2:40pm

I like the turquoise with the Embossing powder sprinkled on.  Beautiful look Melanie.

Comment by Donna Phelan on March 8, 2018 at 9:56am

The teal and gold look BEAUTIFUL!

Comment by PAT EDGE on March 7, 2018 at 11:17pm

I really like the one you showed us how to make   I like more of the dusty look   So pretty

Comment by Shona Austin on March 7, 2018 at 6:39pm

I like both colors. The sprinkle on the bottom right and upper left would be my choice over the more solid.  Thanks for showing us how.

Comment by Bev Pallen Belbin on March 7, 2018 at 3:00pm

I like the ocean mist card with the sprinkled embossing powder the best.  Melanie you sure have a steady and accurate  hand cutting around the tag.  Great cards. Thank you

Comment by Shala Carter on March 7, 2018 at 2:18pm

Thank you for going back to the basics! I love to emboss and this is so pretty! I don't have on my computer glasses, so the flowers have a graphic look to them for me. As for the color; I prefer the blue and gold. I would probably use black with the pink.

Comment by Ginette Legendre on March 7, 2018 at 2:10pm

Nice Card so Lovely . I just want to know if you could water color on it after its embossing the card to add more colors.