stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

If you have any questions or you are having any trouble with any of the technique episodes posted on StampTV, feel free to ask your questions here. And remember, there are no silly questions! You may ask something many other members want to know too!

Views: 159

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

For those asking about the residue. I have a slight residue on mine as well but it has not affected the performance of my chalks. For those concerned, use on side of the chalk for enhancer and on side for regular chalk work. Some chalks can flip over inside their container so you could do that too.

As far as the dove blending pens or Stampin Up blenders, I do not know if it's the exact same liquid but I have not been able to get the same result from my SU or Dove blenders as I can with Chalk enhancer.

Faith said:
I was going to ask this question also... I just got my enhancer... Thanks GKD.. and was following along with the video... my chalks also have an oily look/feel on them now and was wondering about it... also I used my water brush and also tried a blender pen.... was wondering if the stuff that is in the SU blender pens the same as the enhancer.... like am I wasting the blender pen by doubling up....

I do like the ease and look of the enhancer.... Thanks,
Faith
"Some chalks can flip over inside their container so you could do that too."

Thanks Gina K... LOL...LOL Why didn't I think of that??? Sometimes the obvious has to hit me over the head!!! I am loving the enhancer... I like the look of the finish to it.... Thanks too, I was wondering if it acted like sealer...

Faith
Gina:

Please see my comments on the Polished Stone technique video. I left it there and on a forum page but still haven't had a response. Thanks, Marilyn L.
Hi Marilyn, What is your question regarding polished stone? :)

Marilyn C. Lojek said:
Gina:

Please see my comments on the Polished Stone technique video. I left it there and on a forum page but still haven't had a response. Thanks, Marilyn L.
Gina: When I completed the polished stone background, it rubbed off when touched. When I rubbed the static bag over it before embossing, all the ink came off on the bag. Is this normal? I used alcohol inks and a good quality glossy paper. After watching your video several times, I will try the technique again (it's so beautiful). I thought perhaps I needed to seal the background before proceeding. Also, when I tried the bleaching it did not make a difference. I thought maybe I needed to use a darker color to get the true effect. Your videos and Stamp TV are outstanding. You have opened up a whole new world for me! I try each new technique - it's a good thing I am retired! Thanks!

Gina K. said:

Marilyn C. Lojek said:
Gina:

Marilyn,
Make sure you are using alcohol inks and not pigment inks or they will need to be set with a fixative. Also, make sure you give it a few minutes to dry before embossing. I agree that a deeper color will bleach better than a light one.

Marilyn C. Lojek said:
Gina: When I completed the polished stone background, it rubbed off when touched. When I rubbed the static bag over it before embossing, all the ink came off on the bag. Is this normal? I used alcohol inks and a good quality glossy paper. After watching your video several times, I will try the technique again (it's so beautiful). I thought perhaps I needed to seal the background before proceeding. Also, when I tried the bleaching it did not make a difference. I thought maybe I needed to use a darker color to get the true effect. Your videos and Stamp TV are outstanding. You have opened up a whole new world for me! I try each new technique - it's a good thing I am retired! Thanks!

Gina K. said:

Marilyn C. Lojek said:
Gina:

I like your tone on tone card you just showed us. I am new in using Nestabilities and am wondering did you use two different styles?....I have Classic Oval large, but the oval you used for the "saying" looks different then what I have. Also, I really like the Christmas Tree you gold embossed and placed on white card. I tried to use my oval Nestabilties, but was too small...the height of the Christmas tree was larger than the oval Nestabilties...what size of Nestabilties was used?
Thank you
Shirley said:
I like your tone on tone card you just showed us. I am new in using Nestabilities and am wondering did you use two different styles?....I have Classic Oval large, but the oval you used for the "saying" looks different then what I have. Also, I really like the Christmas Tree you gold embossed and placed on white card. I tried to use my oval Nestabilties, but was too small...the height of the Christmas tree was larger than the oval Nestabilties...what size of Nestabilties was used?
Thank you

Shirley........for the Tone on Tone card Gina used the Petite Ovals..........they are slimmer than the Classic Ovals. She carries them in her store too!!! Hope that helps!!
Thank you, this really helps...I appreciate it.

Lee Murphy said:
Shirley said:
Thank you

Shirley........for the Tone on Tone card Gina used the Petite Ovals..........they are slimmer than the Classic Ovals. She carries them in her store too!!! Hope that helps!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service