stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

If you have any questions or you are having any trouble with any of the technique episodes posted on StampTV, feel free to ask your questions here. And remember, there are no silly questions! You may ask something many other members want to know too!

Views: 159

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You don't need to worry about saving them, Jo. Gina will always have them archived right here on StampTV for us.

Jo said:
I just watched the Woodgraining Video...excellent and what a COOL effect....thanks for your great inspiration to this
newbie card maker.

Could someone please tell me how to SAVE the videos??!! Not real sure how to do that ... thanks!! LOVE STAMP TV!!
You will love the pencils and the pump! I use my Koh-i-noor pencils a lot more than my prisma. I found that not all of the prisma colors blend as well as others. But with the Koh-i-noor I have not had that problem.

trotskired7 said:
Thank you all so much for your replies! I will be putting the Koh-i-noor pencils on my next order. Along with the pump, blending stubs and the oil LOL!!! I appreciate all of your help and the fabulous video. I have wondered about this technique for a long time and it dosen't seem so intimidating now.

It's a good life!
Terri E.
Jessica Fick said:
You don't need to worry about saving them, Jo. Gina will always have them archived right here on StampTV for us.

Jo said:
I just watched the Woodgraining Video...excellent and what a COOL effect....thanks for your great inspiration to this
newbie card maker.

Could someone please tell me how to SAVE the videos??!! Not real sure how to do that ... thanks!! LOVE STAMP TV!!

THANKS Jessica...I thought I saw someplace where it says "add videos"...and I thought that meant saving them someplace??!! Guess I'm not sure what that is for than??!!

I just got my order today for the pure luxury cardstock so I'm off to open my box of goodies...Gina is such an excellent teacher!! and I SO BAD want to be able to learn how to do the watercolorig technique with the pencils and OMS...I think I've watched the video 100 times over now...LOVE * LOVE * LOVE STAMP TV!!

Take care ALL....cya Jo
Hi Jo,
That "add video" button is the button I use to add new episodes. It's disabled for others to add but it has to be visible to all. The videos will always be here in the archives and you can find them by clicking on the name of the technique on the right side bar. :)
Jo said:
Jessica Fick said:

Jo said:
newbie card maker.

THANKS Jessica...I thought I saw someplace where it says "add videos"...and I thought that meant saving them someplace??!! Guess I'm not sure what that is for than??!!

I just got my order today for the pure luxury cardstock so I'm off to open my box of goodies...Gina is such an excellent teacher!! and I SO BAD want to be able to learn how to do the watercolorig technique with the pencils and OMS...I think I've watched the video 100 times over now...LOVE * LOVE * LOVE STAMP TV!!

Take care ALL....cya Jo
I don't know if this is the correct place to ask, but I didn't know where else to ask. Where or when can Rupa's cross stamp set be bought? It wasn't listed under the "New" items. I love the look! Also, Gina, the woodgrain video was awesome! Thanks for sharing it!
Pat, Rupa's new Easter Blessing stamp set - and all the other new ones will be available tonight at 10pm (CST)!! There will be lots of other goodies added tonight to the store too - like inks, markers, digital papers, and paper punches!!!

Pat said:
I don't know if this is the correct place to ask, but I didn't know where else to ask. Where or when can Rupa's cross stamp set be bought? It wasn't listed under the "New" items. I love the look! Also, Gina, the woodgrain video was awesome! Thanks for sharing it!
Does using OMS affect the gloss effect of Aleene's Paper Glaze? I've tried applying it a couple of times over a colored pencil piece on which I've used the OMS and it turns matte or dull. I am having trouble with the Glaze bubbling, too, so am wondering if perhaps it's the Glaze itself and not the surface...it's a fairly old bottle. Does anyone know whether it 'acts up' with age? Just thought I'd ask if anyone else has this problem. (Paper Glaze is, I'm supposing, like the Crystal Effects I hear others speak of.)
I have not had that problem using Crystal Lacquer but I haven't tried the paperglaze.

Pat Jandacek said:
Does using OMS affect the gloss effect of Aleene's Paper Glaze? I've tried applying it a couple of times over a colored pencil piece on which I've used the OMS and it turns matte or dull. I am having trouble with the Glaze bubbling, too, so am wondering if perhaps it's the Glaze itself and not the surface...it's a fairly old bottle. Does anyone know whether it 'acts up' with age? Just thought I'd ask if anyone else has this problem. (Paper Glaze is, I'm supposing, like the Crystal Effects I hear others speak of.)
Melinda, what do you mean by inking both sides? To get the most realistic woodgraining it's best to drag the inkpad across the paper in a long continuous stroke. So Gina swipes a couple of strokes on one side of the paper and then twists the paper to do the same on the other side of the paper. It just makes it easier with not 'tripping' over your arm or finger to twist the paper and not your arm... heehee...

She doesn't actually ink up both front and back sides of the paper - just the front. Is that what you're asking? Sorry, if I'm misunderstanding your question.

Melinda Moore said:
I have always wondered how to get the wood grain effect on my cards. Thanks for the tutorial. I have one question though. Why did you have to ink both sides of the cardstock? Do we have to ink both sides? Thanks again for all the great tutorials. I am learning so much from your expertise.
Both of my swips with the ink pad are on the same side of the cardstock. I just turned the cardstock around so it was easier for my right hand to reach. I hope that makes sense.

If you were doing a 3-D item, like a box, you could do both sides of the card stock so the inside and outside of your box were both woodgrained. Hope that helps. :) Thanks for the great question!

Melinda Moore said:
I have always wondered how to get the wood grain effect on my cards. Thanks for the tutorial. I have one question though. Why did you have to ink both sides of the cardstock? Do we have to ink both sides? Thanks again for all the great tutorials. I am learning so much from your expertise.
Oops, I should have ready Jessica's comment first. LOL!
I have a question about the sizes of the circle punches...

I think I have the correct size of the orange circle being 5/8. But what does the green jumbo circle measure?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service