stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

Welcome to the new forum for you to ask any question, both for Gina and Cast and Crew! 

The Member's Sharing Thread is a place for members to ask for help, share ideas and discuss current trends in papercrafting.

If you have questions regarding orders, you can contact customer service directly at info@ginakdesigns.com. You can also join the Gina K. Designs- StampTV Fan club for another option for sharing, stamping related questions and making new friends.

StampTV Fan Club on Facebook

(you may see the old 'Ask the Mods', Ask the Community' and 'suggestion box' posts will be disappearing over the next few days!  )

Views: 25079

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Just wondering when the next StampTV kit is likely to be released/announced as would like to place an order but am holding off just in case the new kit will be soonish :)

Well, shoot, I just looked in the store and Theresa's stamp set is back in stock!  Gina said it would be two weeks.  I just placed an order yesterday!!!!! Now I have to spend another $50 to get free shipping.  That will teach me to be anxious!!!!

Yep I know the feeling I am itching to place an order as would like Theresa's stamp set but think will wait abit longer as not long ago placed an order for the mini kit etc and as I have to pay custom charges it starts to add up abit.

Retta Rae said:

Well, shoot, I just looked in the store and Theresa's stamp set is back in stock!  Gina said it would be two weeks.  I just placed an order yesterday!!!!! Now I have to spend another $50 to get free shipping.  That will teach me to be anxious!!!!

Well, the last release was the first Thursday of April, and if the next release would happen to be on the first Thursday of May I could pick it up in person as I'm going to be in Milwaukee for a convention that week.

Help! How do you rough up the edges of a card layer? Using GK layering weight white? Any and all suggestions appreciated! Thanks! Hugs!

Most of the time I tore my edges and that gave a roughed up look. Also I think there at one time was rulers where you could tear off the edges to make a rough look but I never purchased one myself.
Diana Scott said:

Help! How do you rough up the edges of a card layer? Using GK layering weight white? Any and all suggestions appreciated! Thanks! Hugs!
Thanks, Verna. Need to do this to 3x4 layer pieces and I have 8 to do. I have a tearing rules but too hard on my hands. May just do something with ink!

Verna Angerhofer said:

Most of the time I tore my edges and that gave a roughed up look. Also I think there at one time was rulers where you could tear off the edges to make a rough look but I never purchased one myself.
Diana Scott said:

I use the TIm Holtz/Tonic Paper Distresser.  It's basically a few recessed blades that you run along the edge of your paper, and it roughs it up.  What I like about it is that your panel is pretty much the same size when you are done.  Really safe and easy to use.  HERE it is on amazon.  (You can use Gina's affiliate link.)

Diana Scott said:

I have the tool Lisa suggests and it does work. I am just not good at it. Best advice I have found and seems to work is to have the edge damp when trying to manipulate it. Tears easier, roughs up better and dries to the condition you leave it to dry in.

Lisa Babitz said:

I use the TIm Holtz/Tonic Paper Distresser.  It's basically a few recessed blades that you run along the edge of your , and it roughs it up.  What I like about it is that your panel is pretty much the same size when you are done.  Really safe and easy to use.  HERE it is on amazon.  (You can use Gina's affiliate link.)

Diana Scott said:

This sound weird but it works i sometimes use my bread knife .I put knife on top press firmly and it's done but please be careful.

Not weird at all, bread knives are what work rooms for upholstery use to cut seat cushion foam. Works great for that and I would think it should make quick work of some paper.

Dorothy Mutafopulos said:

This sound weird but it works i sometimes use my bread knife .I put knife on top press firmly and it's done but please be careful.
Thanks everyone! I inked and when the ink was wet, ran an old pair of scissors along the edge. Worked great! May get the tool or try the knife in the future. I think being damp is the answer. Thanks again! Hugs!

RSS

© 2020   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service