stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

Hello everyone, newbie here:

I am on a quest to find great dye inks in fabulous colors; I just watched a video by the wonderful and talented Jennifer McGuire and she had a lot of wonderful things to say about Gina K dye inks. Here is my dilemma (I'm sure that this has come up before, I have a few original ideas but most are sparked by greater talent than I) I own ink lines (onesies and twosomes and dozens it seems) by several vendors and the colors I receive don't always match up to what I see on my computer screen. I also found that several companies use the same manufacturers and the ink colors are so similar that it is hard to distinguish a difference at all. Before I make a big investment, because truthfully I would like to just buy all of Gina K's ink cubes, is there somewhere, anywhere, examples, swatches, etc that would show me what the ink colors look like in real life? Do any of Gina's designers show examples of the different ink groupings? I love how Jennifer McGuire does ink swatches for all of her inks and I have incorporated that system myself, does anyone here have swatches that they have done of all Gina's inks and have pictures to share of what they look like?

I greatly appreciate any help...my fingers are itching to place a big order for inks, cardstock and envelopes LOL.

Thanks so much!

Dolly

Views: 454

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Melanie Muenchinger has a video showing Gina K Ink colors.  I can't link from here, but look in the video section and you ahould be able to find it easily.  Her blog has information as well.  Find her name on the left side of the page and it will take you to her blog.

The date of the video is July 13.  It is 4 pages down in the video section.

Thank you so much! I found her YouTube channel and she has the paper colors as well, hugely helpful!
Dolly
Dolly, just a note, I can look at colors on my iPad and they appear one way, my Surface Pro, another color, and our main computer another color! It depends on the resolution on you screen. I love Gina's ink - actually everything Gina K - and her inks do match her card stock colors. Hope this helps!

I just started making cards with any kind of seriousness a couple of years ago. What I had was kind of like you, some here and there mixes. After getting  a kit with a couple of ink pads, stamps and some card stock, I was hooked. Now I ONLY order Gina K supplies (when ever she sells what I am looking for). Ordering with gifts and a few more kits I now have all the card stock and ink colors I want. I even got Copics to match. Once in a while I am tempted to try something else but go to the craft room and play and that thought leaves my head. Glad Lisa could hook you up with color. You might find using the color chart helpful, if you happen to own the markers: http://stamptv.ning.com/forum/topics/charts-for-paper-crafters

I don't think you can go wrong with Gina k, but, if you want to message me on this site, with your address, I will be more than happy to fill out a color chart with actual inks and send it to you.  I have all the inks and cardstock.  It took me a year, but each time I placed an order with Gina k, I ordered three or four sets of ink and paper until I had them all.  The only paper I don't have is Sage, but I do have the ink.

I would love to have Gina's cardstock but Gina atm does not sell the packs of 25 internationally only sells the international assortment which to have just 3 of each colour is alittle bit expensive for me lol especially as I still make mistakes cutting them, however I am building up a nice supply of Gina's Inks and if I am honest so far I have bought a other brands of inks but Gina's Inks wins hands down even if it means I have to order internationally for her inks and get the customs charges I will only buy her ink :)

Had to pop back on and let everyone know that I did indeed bite the bullet and bought all of the Gina K inks during her sale. I am in the process of switching them now and all I can say is OH MY! Such gorgeous colors and such smooth and even coverage that dries to look just like the color you expected! So happy I bought all of them!

Hi Dolly, glad the video was helpful, I was just coming to link it when I read your question, and see lovinpaper already hooked you up!  Thanks everyone for always helping each other! :) <3

Wow! Well, you  got a great deal.  Happy stamping!

Dolly Dykhouse said:

Had to pop back on and let everyone know that I did indeed bite the bullet and bought all of the Gina K inks during her sale. I am in the process of switching them now and all I can say is OH MY! Such gorgeous colors and such smooth and even coverage that dries to look just like the color you expected! So happy I bought all of them!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service