stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

Smiley from millan.net

It's that time of year!!!  Which means it's also time to really start getting some fun hand-made gift ideas!!! 

There are so many fun little gift ideas you can stamp, stamp on, stamp in, etc!  LOL  Here's a gift I made using the new Wishing You Joy Stamp TV Kit............

I got the little Shadowbox at Archiver's, but I've seen them in other places too.  I chose a white one so I wouldn't have to paint it first!  I just stamped the images I wanted and colored them.....measuring was a bit of a challenge however!  LOL  I started a bit bigger than the actual slot size and then cut down 1/8" at a time.  I used 2 of my favorite Pure Luxury colors.....Lipstick Red and Green Apple!!!  Perfect holiday colors!!!  I just added embellies to my heart's content!!!  heehee!  I added Flower Soft for a snowy look.....and recently I learned a cool trick for making your own Flower Soft:  rub 2 white styrofoam craft balls together.  That's all there is to it!  I haven't tried it, but I thought I'd pass along the tip for those of you who don't have a convenient spot to get Flower Soft!

Now.....this challenge is to make a gift to give for the holidays.  As long as it's anything but a card it counts!!!  How about a set of tile coasters?  Or a festive treat holder?  A stamped candle?  There are so many fun gift ideas!!  I can't wait to see what you all come up with!!!!

****The winner of this challenge will receive any stamp set they choose
from Gina K Designs valued at $24.95 or less!*****

You can see the gallery for this challenge here:  STVFRILM7

Please create and upload a new project for this challenge that can only be entered into this challenge here on Stamp TV to be eligible for a prize, no combining of Stamp TV challenges.  However, you can combine it with challenges outside of Stamp TV.  And remember you don't have to use Gina K. Designs stamps, but if you do, your name will go into the drawing twice!  Please use the keyword STVFRILM7 in the tag section when you upload your card.  You have until Thursday, November 17th by 8 pm Central to upload.

Views: 594

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is going to take some thinking on my part but I like the idea a lot. Will do my best to come up with something! No car so I can't go to town and purchase anything so have to work with what I have on hand in my craft stash.

Fun challenge Lee and your frame is utterly adorable...

Wow!  I haven't been able to play with the challenges lately but this one is very intriguing, Lee.  Very sweet sample.

I decided to make a vellum sleeve for a battery operated tea light. I gave these to my sisters a couple years ago and they enjoyed them on their holiday table. This time I used the poinsettias from the Holiday Basket Set. http://stamptv.ning.com/photo/poinsettia-candle?context=user

I always seem to upload an item for a challenge the week before the challenge...lol. I'll have to think of something new now. What a great challenge.

What a BEAUTIFUL shadowbox Lee! Wow...I am running with all kinds of ideas for this one...just finding the time is the dilemma lately! I am sure there will be tons of fun entries!!!  Kim

I have these pretty Spellbinder dies and thought if I stacked them with spacers inbetween they might make a pretty ornament. Sorry again about the blurry photo but metallic has a tendency to give off glare it seems. I put two blue ones together and then graduated them up onto each side and placed a green jewel in the middle. My colors were royal blue and emerald green and I am sure they would look great on a tree or in a window. I think this will be the gift for my sisters this year. They would also be a cool package addition as well. So I am off to make another one soon. Here is my ornament: http://stamptv.ning.com/photo/ornament-4?context=user

Had to put my thinking cap on for this one Lee but came up with a candy box.  Great idea but I really need to make my Thanksgiving cards....back to work.  Here's my card:  Santa Treats.  TFL.  Sorry about the poor quality picture; one of these days I'm going to figure out how to take a clear shot. LOL.

Here is a little box that I made that holds 3 mini-bars of kitkat.  ~_^ http://stamptv.ning.com/photo/pretty-presents

I decorated a mandarin orange tin (we remove the bottom of the can to use the oranges then I use CE to reseal the can after putting in a gift card, cookies, candy or money).

The top is also decorated.  I printed GKD cardstock using the freebie paper prints.  Thanks for this fun challenge.

I forgot to upload the picture...I'll do that in the next post.

Here is my picture.

Attachments:

I just went and checked out the gallery.  Wow!  Everyone came up with different and wonderful presents.  What a group of talented individuals!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service