Ivory Card base- 5 1/2" X 8 1/2"

Sweet Corn woodgrained piece- 4" X 5 1/2'

Score lines are 1/2" apart

Stamp Set: Follow your Dreams by Theresa Momber, Masculine Messages by GKD

Card Stock- GKD Ivory, Sweet Corn

Ink: White Pigment ink, Brown Dye Ink, Memento Tuxedo Black

Nestabilities Classic Ovals, Scor-buddy, Screw Brads, Colored Pencils, Gamsol, Blending Stumps, 1/2" Pop dots

Comment by Nancy Monahan on March 5, 2015 at 10:27am

Gina, just my own humble opinion, but for me I love seeing you and hearing you in your videos, but I can imagine that it is much easier for you and saves you a lot of valuable time doing your videos in this example.  I can only imagine how busy you are...I just prefer your personal touches that you lend to your usual videos.  However, whichever way your videos are done, I want you to know that you still educate all of us paper crafters.  Thanks Gina for all your hard work!  Cheers!

Comment by Nancy Monahan on March 5, 2015 at 10:21am

Gina, I can't thank you enough for showing us how to achieve a "woodgrain" background.  What I love about using Gamsol is it makes your colored images look like they were done by a professional.....beautiful Gina!  Thanks for sharing.

Comment by Jammy on July 10, 2011 at 2:36pm
Hi Gina!  Great job, as always, very creative.  Quick question, is gamsol the same as (Mona Lisa) odorless thinner?  Also, did you use regular colored pencils or the watercolor kind?  Thank you!
Comment by JESSICA DE LOS SANTOS on May 24, 2011 at 1:15pm

Que belleza, gracias por compartirla

Comment by Emily Thubbron on May 23, 2011 at 9:08pm
I am so going to make this card.  I love the faux wood look.  Thank you Gina for this wonderful card.
Comment by Trish Babin on May 22, 2011 at 6:59pm

I just made this card - what a great technique, easy with a wonderful woodgrained look.  Thank you so much.

Comment by jill kiernan orcutt on May 22, 2011 at 5:50pm
I love what you did with this card.  I've got a question though....what is the gray liquid in the circular container? I'm not familiar with that.  Thanks.
Comment by Conniecrafter on May 22, 2011 at 7:53am
Great masculine card, like the window effect
Comment by Judy Boyd on May 22, 2011 at 12:01am
Lura, I wondered that myself and figured out that it's the white ink that helps give the splotched look of old wood and it also tones down the orange paper. Really cool technique, eh!
Comment by Lura Wadman on May 21, 2011 at 11:44pm

Why do you use the white pigment ink first?

Lura