Whitewash Technique- Melanie Muenchinger

This video shows you how to get a beautiful white washed look with just a subtle hint of color with the "Whitewash" technique.

This technique is so gorgeous on all the stately flowers stamps! No markers today, just white craft ink and some colored ink pads. You could also use your colored pencils for adding the color.

Kraft base: 4 1/4" x 8 1/2", scored at 5 1/2"
Black Onyx mat: 4" X 5 1/4"
Kraft mat: 3 3/4" x 5"

Supplies used: Stately Flowers 7
Gina K. White, Black Onyx, Bubblegum Pink, Grass Green, and Versamark Watermark ink pads
Gina Pure Luxury Black Onyx and Kraft cardstock
White embossing powder and heat gun
Adhesive pearls, small corner rounder punch, scissors and foam square for cut butterfly

Visit Melanie's Blog for more projects featuring her beautiful stamp sets here: Hands, Head, Heart

To find Melanie's Stamps, visit here: Melanie Muenchinger's Stamps

Comment by Luz J. Garcia on July 31, 2014 at 3:19pm

WONDERFUL CARDS AND GREAT IDEAS, Y SO MUCH,GOD BLESS YOU.

Comment by Conniecrafter on March 29, 2014 at 8:17am

Love that look, Beautiful!!

Comment by Catherine Stewart on March 23, 2014 at 1:51pm

Never mind....finally got the water pen working. Sure not as easy as it looked./

Comment by Catherine Stewart on March 23, 2014 at 11:54am

Melanie,

I have tried everything but cannot get any white color to show on my card. I am using a water brush.Do I need to use a certain type of.ink? The moisture just sinks into the card, but no white color is showing. What am I doing wrong?

Catherine

Comment by Allison Sanchez on March 20, 2014 at 3:59pm

Love this technique,  and tried it today. Came out very pretty. I believe the card base size should be changed to 11 x 4 1/4 for the tall card. Thanks for the inspiration!

Comment by Pam Rudzki on March 18, 2014 at 6:27pm

Love this technique Melanie!  This is a 'must try'!!

Comment by tammie lien on March 17, 2014 at 4:52pm

Love this technique and going to try this one.Thanks for sharing and such a gorgeous card.XO

Comment by Deborah Tyler on March 14, 2014 at 6:46pm
Melanie, thank you. I liked this so much I tried it myself. I've been enjoying your tutorials on STV. Well done and helpful.
Comment by Melanie, GKD Illustrator/DT on March 13, 2014 at 8:04am

Hi Jill, I do always include the supply info on my blog post but have asked Gina to please add the list to the video page as well.  Thanks for writing.  :)  Measurements, too.  They are:

Kraft base: 4 1/4" x 8 1/2", scored at 5 1/2"
Black Onyx mat: 4" X 5 1/4"
Kraft mat: 3 3/4" x 5"

Comment by Melanie, GKD Illustrator/DT on March 13, 2014 at 8:04am

Hi Iwana, Thank for writing.  Actually all of the Gina L colored inks ARE waterbased so blend away and watercolor!  The Gina K.  Black Onyx is the only one that is not waterbased, which allows you to stamp crisp line art images and then color with waterbased media  without the image bleeding.  If you use colored inks other than Gina K, that still holds pretty true, colored inks are waterbased and black is not.  Hope this helps!