White card base- 4 1/4" X 11", scored at 5 1/2" and folded in half

Black layer- 4 1/8" X 5 3/8"

White layer- 4" X 5 1/4"

Scraps for focal image and black pieces

Stamps- Springtime Silhouettes

Card stock- GKD White and Black Onyx

Ink- Memento Tuxedo Black, Angel Pink, Dessert Sand, Distress in Spun Sugar

Wax paper, cuttlebug folder Floral Fantasy, Cuttlebug, Nestabilities Petite Ovals and Petite Scalloped Ovals, Spellbinders Fancy Tags dies, Black Brads and Black Gingham 3/8" ribbon from Springtime Silhouettes StampTV Kit, Glue Dots, Adhesive

Comment by Nancy Monahan on April 29, 2015 at 4:56am

Gina, I still love this card and the technique is perfect for this vintage-style stamp.  Thanks so much for sharing your knowledge.

Comment by Mary Hannon on March 21, 2014 at 5:39pm

Who would have thought such a beautiful design could come from a simple piece of wax paper.

Comment by tammie lien on February 8, 2014 at 7:01pm

Beautiful technique.Such a lovely card.Thanks for sharing.XO

Comment by LaVonne Kindred on October 27, 2013 at 8:35pm

I'm a new member of the American Sewing Guild, and this would make a wonderful thank you card to the organizers of our annual meeting. Thank you so much for the directions.

Comment by Kathleen Ross on September 12, 2013 at 7:45pm
Beautiful!
Comment by Genie Rosenblum on April 5, 2013 at 8:16am

I made this card a while ago but just love it.  I couldn't find the notes i wrote but am so happy i could find it again here.  Thank you for still having this available in your video library.

Comment by June Lihrman on March 19, 2013 at 1:05pm

I tried it and it worked so great.  Everyone loved my card.

Comment by Carol Walters on February 27, 2013 at 11:09am

wow another fabulous card. here are 2 adverts from Lakeland online

Food Saver Paper Roll   -   Roll of extra-strong waxed paper for preserving food. 30 x 25cm. £7.99

Food saver bags - Extra-strong waxed paper gusseted bags for prerving food. 17 x 24cm. £6.39

not a bad price for the bags as you get 50 of them

Comment by Heike Boehme-Kueppenbender on May 23, 2011 at 9:45am
It wasn't easy to get waxed paper here in germany, but at last I got it. It seemed to be a different quality as shown in this wonderful video. But then I tried this technique on glossy paper...and here we are...a wonderful result. Thank you for the inspiration.
Comment by Enid Rudyk on April 28, 2011 at 12:11pm

Hello Anne Marie,

In the UK, Lakeland sells Waxpaper, but I am wondering if your cereals are bagged in waxpaper before they are boxed, I seem to recall that they are, perhaps there would be enough in there to let you try this technique before you try too hard to find it on a roll. Good Luck Enid (Brit Ex-pat)