Third Time's the Charm and DTS Technique

Today, Melanie Muenchinger shows you a direct to stamp technique on her repeating butterflies from the Triple Play Frame set, in keeping with her “Third Time’s the Charm” challenge for our Mix it Up Monday, this week on StampTV!  The frame takes the guesswork out of a layout (and is perfect for this “threepeating” design), and she also shares how special small details like the piercing make the finished card. We hope you’ll participate with our StampTV challenges, they get you playing with different materials and ideas, which is always great for your skills and mojo! (Oh, and winning a prize isn’t bad either!)

Purchase Triple Play Frame here: http://www.shop.ginakdesigns.com/product.sc?productId=2383

Purchase All About You here: http://www.shop.ginakdesigns.com/product.sc?productId=2675&categoryId=-1

The challenge (STV17MON2): http://stamptv.ning.com/forum/topics/stv17mon2-mium-challenge-third-time-s-the-charm

Gina K. Designs Triple Play Frame and All About You stamp sets

Gina K. Pure Luxury White cardstock (4” x 5 ¼” and 4 ¼” x 11, scored at 5 ½”)

Gina K. Lovely Lavender, Black Onyx, Applemint, Turquoise Sea, Blue Denim, Red Hot, Peach Bellini, Wild Dandelion, Passionate Pink, Wild Lilac ink pads

Nuvo Black Crystal Drops or enamel dots, piercing tool and foam mat or mouse pad, Spectrum Noir GG3 marker, foam squares, acrylic blocks

Comment by Marcia Fellner on January 11, 2017 at 10:08pm

Beautiful cards -- I am so glad I have the Triple Play stamp set, I just used it to make 4 birthday cards this past weekend, I would not have thought to put the same image in all three circles,  Looks great!  Will definitely try it next.

Comment by Veronica Lamoureux on January 11, 2017 at 8:45pm

I love them both, but I'm thinking I'll turn the card sideways and stamp the butterflies up, and use one big greeting at the bottom.  Love the colored butterflies.

Great Job, Melanie

Comment by Therese Sprinkle on January 11, 2017 at 8:17pm

I love both of these cards. You are doing an awesome job.

Comment by Rebecca on January 11, 2017 at 8:05pm

Both cards are very colourful and pretty indeed, I like how you have used the different inks to colour up the butterflies, I will have to remember and try out this technique myself :).  I like the sentiments stamped on the right side, not sure why though, maybe because I am right handed :p.  At first glance I thought you had die cut the butterflies until I watched the video in full, the shadowing really does make them pop.

Comment by Raye Fletcher on January 11, 2017 at 7:23pm

Love both cards. But really like the shadowing. I thought you had popped the butterflies. Great idea!

Comment by Mary Margaret fletcher on January 11, 2017 at 5:24pm
Love the card. Good job and great idea.
Comment by Chris Fitzgerald on January 11, 2017 at 3:58pm

What a great idea...I like the card with the sentiments on left.  Thanks.

Comment by Karen Atkinson on January 11, 2017 at 1:41pm

I like them equally. This is such a pretty idea.

Comment by Barbara Green on January 11, 2017 at 12:48pm

Really love these cards,  Both are beautiful