*Note: For safety reasons, this technique is not recommended for thin candles- only thick pillar style candles that burn down through the center. You should never leave a candle burning unattended.

Products Used
4" Pillar Candle
Tissue Paper- measured at 3.75" X 10.25" (You can trim a bit off of it's too long for your candle)
Ranger superfine gold embossing powder
Marvy Extra Jumbo Snowflake Punch
GKD Pure Luxury Good as Gold Card Stock
Wilton Clear bags- (These will be arriving in our store within the next couple of days.)
Stamps from the Holiday Cheer stamp set, currently available in the new Holiday Cheer StampTV kit.

Views: 2079

Comment by Bee on December 23, 2009 at 12:31pm
I always loved that technique but never tried it with embossing because I was afraid to reheat the embossed parts when I attach the tissue to the candle. It's such a fun technique and the results are always impressive. How cool to be able to stamp whatever you want on your candle! Talk about personalized gift! :-)
Comment by LaShawnda on December 2, 2009 at 11:34am
Was there a part 3 or packaging? This was a great tutorial. I will try this one day. Thanks for sharing!
Comment by Jan Ewell on October 19, 2009 at 11:51pm
I LOVE this. It answers the question of what to give my neighbor for Christmas......what a LOVELY idea. Thanks for the tutorial.
Comment by Lee Gysberts on October 19, 2009 at 8:36pm
What a lovely idea and not too expensive but it looks a million dollar. Thanks Lee from Down under
Comment by ninajeanette2 on October 17, 2009 at 4:21pm
Is there any easier way, less time consuming than adding the thin paper on the candle?
anything else you can do touch up a candle on say 10 minutes.... i m thinking if ur havaing to make atleast 3o of them this will take to much time unfortenately.....
Comment by M. Mora on October 14, 2009 at 10:25pm
This is absolutely beautiful. What a neat technique I can't wait to try it.
Comment by Joanne Bull on October 14, 2009 at 12:24pm
This is a great technique and so simple to do.
I'm off to Wal-Mart for supplies.
Comment by Charlene on October 14, 2009 at 11:11am
So simple yet eleagant! I love it.
Comment by Jen Kay on October 14, 2009 at 9:51am
Very pretty. What a fun gift to give.
Comment by Debi on October 14, 2009 at 9:26am
Thanks for the tut Gina. I wondered how that was done. I tried just embossing on a candle, and I'm sure you can imagine the mess I had - LOL. I also embossed on thin paper (not tissue paper - didn't think it could hold up to the heat gun) and then modge-podged them onto the candle, but that was messy too. Now, I know the perfect gift to make for all our Sunday School Teachers at church. I'm glad you're so crafty, you inspire me in more ways than one! Take care and God Bless....Debi - Rittman, OH