*Note: For safety reasons, this technique is not recommended for thin candles- only thick pillar style candles that burn down through the center. You should never leave a candle burning unattended.

Products Used
4" Pillar Candle
Tissue Paper- measured at 3.75" X 10.25" (You can trim a bit off of it's too long for your candle)
Ranger superfine gold embossing powder
Marvy Extra Jumbo Snowflake Punch
GKD Pure Luxury Good as Gold Card Stock
Wilton Clear bags- (These will be arriving in our store within the next couple of days.)
Stamps from the Holiday Cheer stamp set, currently available in the new Holiday Cheer StampTV kit.

Comment by Debbie Hutchison on February 28, 2014 at 4:32pm

Love this idea and it will make simple and lovely gifts to give to family, friends and especially my Red Hat Friends.

Comment by Rosbelie Natividad on November 25, 2010 at 10:59am
I tried this technique, it did not come out as good as you did but I enjoyed doing it and will do it again. Thank you.
Comment by LeahAnn Gast on November 17, 2010 at 6:47pm
Thank You! I've never stamped candles before, thanks for sharing this technique. Leah Ann
Comment by JoAnn Higginbotham on May 5, 2010 at 8:28pm
Thank You sooo much for this idea. My mother loves candles and I'm going to make her this for Mother's Day. I love your videos
Comment by Leanne Warner on January 1, 2010 at 5:08am
I discovered this on another site this week so it has become my new fav thing to do. I made a great stamp for my BFF and a pirate stamp for my 4 yr old grandson. It is so easy we had the 4 year old stamp images to make candles for his poppy and his father. But we used the heat tool to apply.
Great video
Leanne
Comment by StampinJewels on December 4, 2009 at 3:36pm
Yay - I did it! My first stamped candle! My 7 yr old dd made a First Reconciliation candle, and wanted to stamp on it. I've been wanting to try this, but - like with any new technique...well, remember being scared to try heat embossing? lol! Easy peasy! Thanks for the video tutorial Gina - for us scaredy cats who are need in much visual hand holding.
Comment by Dawn VanStrate on October 30, 2009 at 5:46am
we made these, but used wax paper over the tissue paper
Comment by Valentina Deker on October 23, 2009 at 11:08am
Gina, I have tried this technique another way. Instead of just using the embossing gun straight on the tissue paper, I wrap a piece of waxed paper (wax side on the tissue paper) over the tissue paper and then heat. I have tried it with just a stamped pattern, not embossed and the tissue paper stuck perfectly.
Comment by martha jenkins on October 20, 2009 at 8:31am
great idea for gifts.
martha311286@yahoo.com
Comment by Lee on October 19, 2009 at 9:36pm
Ohhh gorgeous!!! No wonder it looks so much better than my attempts to stamp directly onto the candle!!!! LOL