Shabby Spring Double Background Technique

Ivory Card base- 4 1/4" X 11".scored at 5 1/2" and folded in half

Charcoal Brown Layer- 3 7/8" X 5 1/8"

Ivory Layer- 3 3/4" X 5"

Charcoal Brown Layer (smaller)- 3 3/8" X 4 5/8"

Ivory Layer (smaller)- 3 1/4" X 4 1/2"

Chocoal Brown (smallest)- 2 3/4" X 3 3/8"

Greeting Ivory- 1 1/2" X 1 1/2" (Tucked under to even out)

Stamp Sets- Warm Spring Wishes, Spring Blessings

Card Stock- GKD Ivory, Charcoal Brown

Ink Pads- GKD Charcoal Brown, Tomato Soup, Fresh Asparagus, Kraft

Vintage Cuts- Ivory Spring Blessings, Ivory Ovals

Brads, 1/4" pop dots, adhesive, scissors

Comment by Conniecrafter on May 12, 2014 at 8:33am

so pretty, great background technique!

Comment by Gina Krupsky on May 2, 2014 at 7:11am

Diana, Thank you! I fixed it!

Comment by Diana Scott on May 1, 2014 at 6:57pm
The second Brown layer needs to be 4 5/8th not 3/8th. Cut at 3/8th and thoughht I had done something wrong. Just recut that piece for the smaller one. Love the card and all the videos!

Thanks!
Comment by OzzyCat on May 1, 2014 at 11:07am

Your card is gorgeous!  I love the colors you used and the technique is great.  I enjoyed your video very much.  Thank you for another great lesson.

Comment by Susan Sarver on April 30, 2014 at 10:28pm

Hi Gina, I'll tell what I do with the bird. I always use a little light blue on the neck area, it looks like more like a bird.

Comment by Loretta Rush on April 30, 2014 at 9:17pm
Love this card! You always show and explain so much wonderful information with us. Thank you very much!
Comment by Marla Hofrichter on April 30, 2014 at 7:37pm

Beautiful card and another lesson learned with this cool double background technique. Thank you Gina!

Comment by Marilyn Jensen on April 30, 2014 at 6:37pm
Great video...so glad my kit is here to play with! Love the vintage cuts too!
Comment by Joyce Pierson on April 30, 2014 at 6:32pm

Absolutely beautiful and a wonderful technique!  Love your necklace, too!

Comment by Jan Brazier on April 30, 2014 at 6:27pm

Thank you for another amazing project. I love these sets! The bird is my favourite. I will definitely be doing this one this weekend.