Ribbon- Ways to make "Cheater's Bows"

This Video will teach you a few different ways to make "Cheater's Bows."

Comment by lorraine barbara carr on February 25, 2014 at 10:57pm

wow these ideas are great thank you for the info.

Comment by Maria Helena Fernandez on April 28, 2013 at 10:50pm

Love watching you! I learn soooo much every time.  Thanks for giving such wonderful directions/instruction.

Comment by lovinpaper on April 27, 2013 at 9:12am

I loved seeing these "bows" all in one place.  Thanks for creating this video.

Comment by tammie lien on August 6, 2012 at 5:15pm

What a neat idea Gina...You always come up with something..Thanks:)

Comment by Jennipher Lowery on July 10, 2012 at 8:36pm

Very cool techniques for using ribbon to make darling bows!

Comment by Shelley Roberts on June 16, 2012 at 10:28am
Very pretty. Looooove the video :o)
Comment by Cheri La Bombard on June 13, 2012 at 6:19pm

Gina, I just love all your vidios.  You explain them so well to make everyone understand.  Thank you so much for sharing your talent with everyone.  I watch them a lot and certainly do use some of your ideas...Thanks again..

Comment by Rosy Newlun on June 10, 2012 at 6:55pm

Thanks, Gina - always invaluable information! I think I would call this video "Creative Bows." It doesn't look like cheating after all :D -- I esp love the little knots you tie onto the main ribbon.

Comment by Judy Boyd on April 10, 2011 at 11:12pm
Thank for the great video on how to make cheater bows. Needed this video earlier this afternoon, but now I now how. I so appreciate the technique videos on card making techniques.
Comment by Kathleen Ritchie on September 5, 2010 at 9:30pm
Another neat way to make a cheater's bow, and one that works particularily well on wider ribbon, is cut a length of ribbon which will go all the way across the front of the card, with a bit to spare for glueing to the back, plus a bit more, but don't attach it to the card yet. Now cut another piece which is as long as you would like the bow to be from end to end if you were measuring the length from the end of one loop across to the end of the other loop as if the bow were tied. Now take the longest piece of ribbon and tie as if you were going to make a knot in it. Then put the shorter piece through the loop of the knot. Finish off tying the knot, and as you are tightening it and move the short piece around so it lays flat against the long piece. Then tighten up the long piece, and do a bit more adjusting to get the "bow" just the way you want it. It is easy to move the bow if you want it a bit more to one or the other side by just loosening the long piece, moving the knot over on the long piece and repositioning the shorter piece in the spot you want it. I hope you can understand my explanation. It is easier to understand by doing instead of saying.