Reverse Masking Background Technique- Melanie Muenchinger

This video demonstrates a reverse masking sponged background using the Branching Out set with the new Shabby Spring StampTV kit. You will love the versatility and ease of this dramatic technique for your clean and simple projects.  The bird image nests perfectly into the frame stamp’s branches.

Supplies Used:
Gina K. Designs Branching Out stamp set, Shabby SpringStampTV Kit
Gina K Pure Luxury Wild Orchid, Charcoal Brown, and White cardstock
Gina K, Charcoal Brown and Sweet Mango pads, Memento Lilac Posies
Sponge daubers, adhesiveSponge daubers, adhesive (permanent for assembling card, and removable for using with the mask, I used Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L EZ Dots Repositionable), orange marker, white gel pen
Wild Orchid top fold base 4 ¼” x 8 ½”, scored at 5 ½”
Charcoal Brown mat: 3 7/8” x 5 1/8”
White mat: 3 ¾” x 5”

Visit Melanie's Blog for more projects featuring her beautiful stamp sets here: Hands, Head, Heart

To find Melanie's Stamps, visit here: Melanie Muenchinger's Stamps

Comment by Melanie Henderson on March 28, 2014 at 9:46pm

Must confess I never knew quite how to use the "Branching Out" stamp set, but you video has shown all and am looking forward to making more cards and also using the Branching Out stamp set.  Thanks for a great video!

Comment by Melanie, GKD Illustrator/DT on March 18, 2014 at 3:08pm

It had been too long since I used this set as well, Kim!  Enjoy playing, I'm glad it inspired!

Comment by Kim Sharabba on March 17, 2014 at 10:37pm

I have this set and I haven't used it in a LONG time.  I'd forgotten the lovely little silhouette birds.  And I'd needed them recently and forgot I had them.  Wonderful video.  Thank you, Melanie.  Your talent at blending color always makes me shake my head.

Comment by Rosy Newlun on March 17, 2014 at 7:17pm

Thank you Melanie - what a serene and yet brilliant scene!

Comment by Sylvia Rivera on March 17, 2014 at 7:08pm
Great video Melanie, beautiful card. Thanks for the inspiration.
Comment by LaDona Flanegan on March 17, 2014 at 4:37pm

That was so beautiful. Nice job Melanie.

Comment by Pam Dwyer Giudici on March 17, 2014 at 3:06pm

A great video ended with an exquisite card!  Thanks for sharing Melanie!

Comment by Nancy Mullins on March 17, 2014 at 1:57pm
love,love, love. the white highlight made such an amazing effect on the berries. awesome!
Comment by Karen Atkinson on March 17, 2014 at 11:35am

Absolutely gorgeous. I will try this.

Comment by Bevelyn Cain on March 17, 2014 at 11:20am

Beautiful card, love the colors & I can't wait to make one.