Resist Technique with A Year of Flowers 2

Today Melanie will show you how to do a crayon resist technique with the A Year of Flowers 2 set. The sketchy, whimsical style of these seasonal flowers is perfect for this technique! You will love having these pops of color on your holiday cards, so easy for mass production. This technique is traditionally done with a white crayon and glossy cardstock, but in a pinch, you can substitute regular white cardstock and a white pencil, producing slightly softer but still beautiful results. Greeting is from Fabulous Holiday Fillers.

Purchase A Year of Flowers 2 here: http://www.shop.ginakdesigns.com/product.sc?productId=1707&categoryId=-1

Purchase here Fabulous Holiday Fillers here: http://www.shop.ginakdesigns.com/product.sc?productId=2280&categoryId=16

Melanie is also giving away one 2015 Calendar from CardMaker, which features a similar resist technique project with the A Year of Flowers 2 set. For details, please check her blog to enter for a chance or multiple chances to win. Winner will be drawn randomly and announced Wednesday, November 13th.

Gina K. Designs A Year of Flowers 2 stamp set
Gina K. Designs Cherry Red, Black Onyx, and Fresh Asparagus ink pads
Gina K. Designs Pure Luxury Kraft and White (or glossy) cardstock
Adhesive and foam dots, white crayon or pencil, tissue, sponges, scissors, adhesive pearls

For more of Melanie’s beautiful stamps from Gina K. Designs, click here: http://www.shop.ginakdesigns.com/category.sc?categoryId=32

For more inspiration from Melanie, click here for her blog: http://melaniemuenchinger.blogspot.com/

Comment by Zelda on November 14, 2014 at 8:56pm

Love it!  Don't have that stamp set............. yet :)

Comment by Pam Z: 'Sunshine' on November 13, 2014 at 10:45am

MELANIE!!! AGAIN!!!!! LOL....well done! I have been looking over tons of vids on here and YT for ideas for MY Christmas cards...I DO [of course! ] have this set and yes, pink would be cool too as I LOVE to do pink Christmas cards also!! So, I believe THIS is the style I will be using as my cards this year!! Wish I had seen this vid so I could have entered to win that calendar! Talk to ya on FB soon... <3

Comment by Anna Jernigan on November 12, 2014 at 11:12pm

Love this, and I have this set.  Both of them, actually.  I forgot the poinsettia was on it!  Oops.

Well, now I remember, and need to try this, as soon as I find a kid with crayons.  Just kidding, I have my own set, thank you very much!  haha

Melanie, once again, you rock, woman!!!

Comment by CONNIE BROOKS on November 12, 2014 at 6:15pm
Melanie, I have the stamp set. Love this technique...it was so fun that I made four cards this afternnoon. I DIDNT KNOW I COULD MAKE CARDS THIS BEAUTIFUL. Thank you so very much.
Comment by LaDona Flanegan on November 12, 2014 at 10:41am

That is so beautiful! and you make it look so easy! thanks for sharing!

Comment by Claudia on November 12, 2014 at 10:21am

This is gorgeous!  I am so glad that I have this stamp set, thanks for the Inspiration Melanie!

Comment by Jan Ewell on November 12, 2014 at 12:36am

I didn't think I would like this technique, but I found I LOVE it.  I have the stamp set, and can't wait until the weekend when I can play with this technique.  It's so beautiful.  Thanks for the video.  I love watching you on these.

Comment by Melanie, GKD Illustrator/DT on November 11, 2014 at 9:31pm

thanks, everybody!

Mildred, it happens, I've done that, too.  Next time, just do a little at a time, then look at it, and if needed add just a little as you go. :) I'm glad you tried it out already.  You'll be rocking it in not time!

Comment by Mildred Sue Wagner on November 11, 2014 at 8:02pm

My card is a little heavy on the green.  I need to practice more.

Thank you. I will keep trying.

Comment by Kenny Fry on November 11, 2014 at 6:50pm

I agree with Rosy: very elegant, and great look for holiday cards!  :o)