Out of the Box Omission Technique: Tips and Tricks

Today Melanie shows you how to do the omission technique with the box image in her Beyond Baskets 2 set to create custom frames for showcasing all your stamp images in a beautiful and interesting way!  She also demonstrates coloring this clover from her Stately Flowers 7 set, and some tips for how to use your scraps for creating different layouts and other card samples with the box and other Gina K. images.

Purchase Beyond Baskets 2 here: http://www.shop.ginakdesigns.com/product.sc?productId=1933&categoryId=-1

Purchase Stately Flowers 7 here: http://www.shop.ginakdesigns.com/product.sc?productId=1816&categoryId=-1

Not demonstrated but shown in samples at end of video:

Triple Play Holiday: http://www.shop.ginakdesigns.com/product.sc?productId=2459&categoryId=-1

Handmade Botanicals: http://www.shop.ginakdesigns.com/category.sc?categoryId=18

Please visit her blog Hands, Head and Heart: melaniemuenchinger.blogspsot.com

See more of Melanie’s stamps here: http://www.shop.ginakdesigns.com/category.sc?categoryId=32

Gina K. Designs Beyond Baskets 2 and Stately Flowers 7 stamp sets

Gina K. Pure Luxury Red Hot (4 ¼” x 11”, scored at 5 ½”), Black Onyx (2 1/8” x4 7/8”)and White (2 3/8” x 4 5/8”) cardstock

Gina K. Watercolor Garden patterned paper scrap

Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad

Spectrum Noir alcohol markers: PP3, DR3, CG2, DG3, GG2 , and Spectrum Aqua Black marker

Comment by Conniecrafter on June 2, 2016 at 8:21am

love the deign, so pretty!

Comment by Ruby Douglass on April 14, 2016 at 12:34pm

Love this technique! So much easier than masking with paper. Thanks!

Comment by Dee Earnshaw on March 31, 2016 at 12:22pm

Always love your videos, Melanie. There are so many tips here that I am going to have to watch it over again. LOL

Comment by Cindy B Designs on March 30, 2016 at 10:18am

I loved this card and technique so much that I CASEd it immediately with a few changes. I never would have thought to put together the colors and patterns that Melanie did. It's a really striking card! I'm so glad I found my Watercolor Garden paper too. It's gorgeous! I put my GKD basket of patterned paper right next to my STVK and GKD stamp binders since I have a tendency to keep a brand of products together. Fortunately this carnation from Stately Flowers 4 worked. I did darken up the edge of the petals with DR4 after I took the picture as carnation petals are naturally darker at the edge of the petals and it looks much better. I like that you can get a very pretty card that looks lovely without a lot of fuss or a ton of embellishments. Thank you so much for the inspiration Melanie!

Comment by Jan Brazier on March 29, 2016 at 6:35pm

Thank you, Melanie! These cards are absolutely gorgeous! I am definitely going to CASE them! As usual, you are so inspiring!

Comment by Lori G on March 29, 2016 at 5:01pm

Beautiful!

Comment by Caroline King on March 29, 2016 at 4:35pm

these cards are lovely, makes them look like you cut them and placed on top of the box !!!

Comment by Monica Ferri on March 29, 2016 at 3:58pm
Love the framing technique! Really pretty.
Comment by Belinda Ooley on March 29, 2016 at 3:31pm

Fantastic as usual Melanie!!  Love the idea and colors!!

Comment by Ruth Manor on March 29, 2016 at 2:07pm

This is a perfect card idea for birthdays.  I needed a simple, quick idea to make one today, and this one is perfect.  Thanks Melanie!