Stitching

Get the Janome Sew Mini here and help support StampTV:

Card measurements:
In the Navy card base- 8.5" X 5.5", scored at 4.25" and folded in half
Rocket red layer- 5.25" X 4"
Patterned paper- 5" X 3.75"
Red Strip- 1.25" X 3.75"
Striped Paper- 1" X 3.75

Comment by Tracy Palmer on May 25, 2012 at 6:20pm

Hi Gina - great videos - couple of questions... What size needle are you using?  Ironically, I used to sew all the time but never on paper.  Would a needle sized for cotton be good, or perhaps one smaller like for more delicate fabrics - I don't want to punch holes too big on the paper?  And then second question - the zig zag width size (I have a Kenmore so the letter sizing on the Jenome is not the same as my Kenmore) would this be about a 1/4" width - or smaller?  Thanks!

Comment by Rosy Newlun on November 21, 2011 at 1:11pm

Dear Gina,

You are a very good instructor! Thanks for helping take the fear out of beginner sewers!

Aloha, rosy

Comment by Linda A Jones on September 3, 2011 at 7:17am
Thank you for explaining things so well Gina! I am thrilled that I have discovered the Janome Mini on sale here in England from amazon.co.uk  :-)
Comment by Barb Ghig on June 24, 2011 at 3:22pm

Hi Gina,

I can't thank you enough for this set of videos! I'm off to buy this machine and start sewing on my cards!

Thanks again,

Barb G.

Comment by Kim Carr on June 10, 2011 at 12:06pm

Thank you so much for this set of videos!  I really like the special touch that sewing gives to a card project, but since I'm not too comfortable with a sewing machine, I figured I'd never be able to do it.  I've tried the non-sewing products, but for me it seems a lot easier to just pull out a sewing machine. And, if you know what you're doing, a sewing machine is also much faster.  The non-sewing method was discouraging 'cause it took so much longer.  I purchased this machine after watching your videos and am so excited!  I also really appreciate your suggestions on thread colors, and information about tension adjustment.

My 4 year old watches these videos with me as well, and he was just as excited to use the machine as I was!

Thank you for sharing your talents.  Your generosity is greatly appreciated!

Comment by Karyn Driggers on September 15, 2010 at 7:38pm
Once again I just finished watching your Janome videos and they are so easy to follow. I bought my Janome a few months ago and have yet to use it. :( I think it's about time I get it out and play with it. I have always been intimidated by sewing machines, but this little machine is so easy to use that I know I will be just fine. It's a matter of practicing and watching your video again. Thank you Gina for all of your wonderful videos and your patience.
Comment by Fran macdonadl on June 7, 2010 at 10:02am
The Janome videos are the BEST!! Afrer watching all four I went out to ebay and bought one. What a great deal and such a beautiful technique for something different. This video series is definetly an A++++++! thanks for all the info.
Comment by Tameko on April 21, 2010 at 11:22am
Gina, you have done an excellent job with this Janome series. I have never used a sewing machine in my life, but with your help, I was sewing on a card, within an hour of taking the machine out of the box! Thanks for such great tutorials.
Comment by Kathleen on March 18, 2010 at 12:46am
Gina you have made the going around a corner very clear and easy to do with this video. I love to sew and have been doing it for longer than I want to think about lol Anyone who is new to sewing will have no problem after seeing this video. Great job!!!
Comment by Gina Krupsky on March 9, 2010 at 7:50am
Try Hancock Fabrics or Home Depot online. I have seen them in both online stores.