How to Showcase Any Stamp with Triple Play Frame: Omission Technique

Today Melanie gives her Triple Play Frame’s frame stamp a workout and a brand new look using the omission technique: inking up just a portion of the frame to create this wonderful open space you can fill with any stamped images, greetings  or embellishments you choose!  And like all her frames, this open frame gives you four new sketches for your landscape and portrait style cards.  A quick and easy way to add structure and style to your designs, this is a fabulous for framing up any of the flowers in her Stately Flowers series. Here she demonstrates it with the dogwood from Stately Flowers 10, and shares simple coloring with colored pencils.  (Magnolia  in her other sample is from Stately Flowers 3) So many possibilities for rocking this “new” frame!  Please enjoy!

Note: Melanie’s son mixed up some of her pencils!  She realized after recording the 111 brown is from the Marine collection, but the Essentials collection does contain other browns.  No need to get both!

Purchase Triple Play Frame here: http://www.shop.ginakdesigns.com/product.sc?productId=2383&categoryId=-1

Purchase Stately Flowers 10 here: http://www.shop.ginakdesigns.com/product.sc?productId=2653&categoryId=-1

Gina K. Designs Triple Play Frame, Stately Flowers 10 stamp sets

Gina K. Pure Luxury Kraft cardstock 4 ¼” x 11, scored at 5 ½”

Spectrum Noir Professional Colored Pencils-Essentials (brown, green and white)

Gina K acrylic blocks-4” x 6” gridline and round 3.5” gridline

Find Spectrum Noir Pencils Here: http://amzn.to/2n7f14s

Comment by Irene P. Garcia on April 9, 2017 at 10:27am

LOL....I love that you shared about spilling your wine on the cards!  That would be me!  All of your cards and stamps sets are gorgeous.  Someday, I'll own them all!  :) Thank you.

Comment by Pam Rudzki on March 24, 2017 at 1:44pm

I think I like the landscape on this card. Hope you can get some relief for your hands. Thanks for all your beautiful stamps & cards.

Comment by Karen Atkinson on March 24, 2017 at 11:47am

This is so pretty. I like the landscape card, especially with the side fold so it will stand up better. I will try this technique. Thank you for a wonderful video. Glad your hands are feeling better.

Comment by Dotti De Simone on March 23, 2017 at 6:23pm
Very attractive card. Love the white on the Kraft paper.
Comment by Penny Mcguire on March 23, 2017 at 12:47pm
Lovely! Simple but eye catching! The landscape one is my favorite. Thank you for sharing!
Comment by Nancy S Reynolds on March 22, 2017 at 4:46pm

Love the landscape! you did a beautiful job on both but A is my favorite!!!!

Comment by Melanie, GKD Illustrator/DT on March 22, 2017 at 3:55pm

Yes, I have those, too, Lynn! And those are just fine for coloring like this, color away!:)

Comment by Lagene Sands on March 22, 2017 at 3:31pm

Gorgeous cards, thanks for the great video!

Comment by Lynn Kirkpatrick on March 22, 2017 at 2:52pm
Hey, I just also remembered that a few yrs back, I bought some watercolor pencils!
Comment by Lynn Kirkpatrick on March 22, 2017 at 2:25pm
Thank you Melanie! I love the card--getting so many awesome ideas!