How to Paper Piece and Hand Draw Accents: Clean and Simple Christmas

Today Melanie shows you how to make two quick cards with one sheet of cardstock and patterned paper using her Holiday Frame set!  Although you can use real ribbon to accent the stamped ornaments, she also shares how to add some simple hand-drawn bows with Zig Clean Color markers that will make your handmade designs really special and truly “one-of-a-kind”.  Please enjoy!

Purchase Holiday Frame stamp set here: http://www.shop.ginakdesigns.com/product.sc?productId=2754&categoryId=16

Purchase Noel stamp set here: http://www.shop.ginakdesigns.com/product.sc?productId=2753&categoryId=16

Gina K. Designs Holiday Frame, Noel stamp sets

Gina K. Pure Luxury  Heavy Base Weight White (1  81/2” x 11” sheet, scored at 5 ½” and then cut at 4 ¼” and folded  for 2 A 2 sized cards) and Silver (scrap) cardstock

Gina K. Designs Home for the Holidays patterned paper pack (1 piece cut 4 1/8” x 5 3/8”)

Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad and Zig Clean color markers: Carmine Red and Wine Red

Acrylic blocks, craft knife and craft mat, scissors, adhesive, white gel pen, adhesive rhinestones

Optional: glue dot and ribbon, pencil, scratch paper

Comment by Connie Ann Collier on November 17, 2016 at 1:38am

Beautiful stamping!

Comment by Melanie, GKD Illustrator/DT on November 9, 2016 at 11:38am

My dies aren't very organized right now, I'm not sure if I could find the one that exactly fits!  (blush) :)  I also like to show how to make it work it if people don't have a particular die. But yes, if you have one, go for it!  Just be careful in placing it on the outline of the frame: sometimes mine slip when I run them through, so the scissors give me a little more control even though it might not be as neat. HTH!

Comment by Desert Stamper on November 9, 2016 at 11:13am

Great ideas, and really neat cards!  Just wondering why you didn't just use a circle die instead of the X-acto knife and scissors to cut out the circle?

Comment by Shirley A Hutchins on November 8, 2016 at 8:06pm

Love your cards and that you share your gifts.  Thank you so much.  I will case for sure.

Comment by Retta Rae on November 8, 2016 at 7:38pm

Love these cards!  I'm dying to get my hands on all my Christmas stamps.  Craft show this weekend, then play time!!!!!

Comment by Karen Atkinson on November 8, 2016 at 2:41pm

Love how you used one piece of patterned paper for two cards. I wouldn't trust myself trying to draw a bow, so thank you for showing an alternative.

Comment by Rose Pete on November 8, 2016 at 1:25pm

Very, very cute.  Like the uniqueness of these cards.

Comment by Diana Scott on November 8, 2016 at 12:44pm
Great cards! Love the way you did the bows!