How to: Direct to Stamp Technique with Wild at Heart & Markers

In today’s video, Melanie will show you the direct to stamp technique, which is drawing or coloring with water-based markers directly on your stamped images before stamping.  The bold frame in the Wild at Heart set with its delicate, negative details is perfect for this technique!  A marker with a brush tip makes it easy to create a beautiful tapered blade of grass.  TIP: Be sure to swipe quickly when you draw your blades, for smooth, curving arcs, as trying to go more  slowly and carefully can result in a more wobbly, wonky blade.

Purchase Wild at Heart here: http://www.shop.ginakdesigns.com/product.sc?productId=927&categoryId=-1

Purchase A Beautiful Life here: http://www.shop.ginakdesigns.com/product.sc?productId=757&categoryId=-1

Gina K. Designs A Beautiful Life, Wild at Heart stamp sets

Gina K. Pure Luxury Heavy Base Weight White cardstock 4 ¼” x 11, scored at 5 ½”, and scrap

Gina K. Sweet Corn, Black Onyx ink pads

Spectrum Aqua Markers-Floral collection

Scissors, Scrapbook Adhesive by 3L foam squares

For more of Melanie’s beautiful stamps from Gina K. Designs, click here:http://www.shop.ginakdesigns.com/category.sc?categoryId=32

AND For more inspiration from Melanie, click here for her blog:http://melaniemuenchinger.blogspot.com/

Comment by Karen Hightower-GKD-DT-Moderator on May 13, 2015 at 6:42pm

Beautiful Card Melanie! I love the added touch of the grass. Thanks so much for Sharing!   :)

Comment by Diana Scott on May 12, 2015 at 10:27pm
Beautiful card! Love your videos - i'm sure with the fine tip of the SN Aqua Markers you could fill in the frame part. I love these - are great to just write a note with or sign your name with a color that matches the card.
Comment by Robin Logue on May 12, 2015 at 8:25pm

Wonderful video. I love when you use the older stamp sets (that I already have HA) for even more inspiration.

Comment by Rosy Newlun on May 12, 2015 at 7:27pm

Woooo Melanie! This IS fabulous!!! I love your yellow background, the green leaves and butterflies. What I especially want to copy is your green framing around the entire image. That is BRILLIANT! It pops your entire card. Thank you for taking the time to make us a video tutorial.

Comment by Melanie, GKD Illustrator/DT on May 12, 2015 at 3:19pm

Hi Veronika, I haven't used one but I've heard good things! I'm not sure it would have helped in this particular case though, I think I just missed inked that bit or it was resisting the ink, but it definitely would be worth trying out.  Glad no one has yelled, "Boooooo!" that I kept going instead of scrapping the card and starting over! :)  It's art, right?

Comment by Veronika Trewin on May 12, 2015 at 3:07pm
Have you used the MISTI stamping tool? You can stamp an image twice in the same spot so you can correct the part that was missed. I simply love it. You did a great job and I love all your inspirational videos.
Comment by Karen Weirich on May 12, 2015 at 1:37pm

What a beautiful card, Melanie, and such an awesome technique! Thanks.

Comment by Melanie, GKD Illustrator/DT on May 12, 2015 at 12:14pm

Thank you, ladies!!

Hi Irene, I understand your question if you are not familiar with the stamp image!  if you click on the link for the set above, you will see the image sheet.  This frame is like a bold block with the flowers and leave cut/etched out of it, so the rubber is actually everything around them.  The background is what gets inked and the floral outline will be always be the color of the cardstock you are stamping on.  I have another bold set that will fill these flowers stems and leaves in with color like two step stamping, called Wild Flowers.  Here is the link: http://www.shop.ginakdesigns.com/product.sc?productId=1250

Comment by Irene Isbell on May 12, 2015 at 11:23am

I don't understand How the flowers came out white?

Comment by Carol McGee on May 12, 2015 at 10:58am

Lovely card.  Actually, quite simple.  I haven't tried the Aqua Markers, but they look beautiful.

Thank you for inspiring us!