How to Create Faux Postage with Stately Flowers 11

Today Melanie shares how to stamp, mask and sponge the postage border in her new Stately Flowers 11 set to make three smaller frames!  This is so versatile for spotlighting smaller images like the butterfly in this set  or creating a long scene on your cards, whether you choose a portrait or landscape orientation.  This faux postage technique is so versatile for both masculine and shabby chic or vintage designs! Please enjoy!

Purchase Stately Flowers 11 here: http://www.shop.ginakdesigns.com/product.sc?productId=2882&categoryId=16

Note: Melanie apologizes for forgetting to add the drop shadow, she noticed after photographing the samples!  Please refer to the pic above and just trace the underside of the butterflies and postage border with a gray marker or pencil.  You can also a little pop to the black stamped sentiments outlining the left side of each letter with the white gel pen.

Gina K. Designs Stately Flowers 11 stamp set

Gina K. Pure Luxury White (3 1/8”  5 ½”) and Kraft (4 ¼” x 11”, scored at 5 ½”) cardstock

Gina K. Kraft and Memento Tuxedo Black ink pads

Spectrum Noir markers: OR1, OR2, GT3, BT5, DR1, DR5, BG4

White gel pen, adhesive, Gina K. 3” x 4” block

Comment by Melanie, GKD Illustrator/DT on April 13, 2017 at 12:05pm

Hi Ellen, yes, sorry for wrapping up too early, that is in my note above:  Please refer to the pic above and just trace the underside of the butterflies and postage border with a gray marker or pencil. :0 easy peasy!

Comment by Ellen Schmidt on April 13, 2017 at 10:52am

I love this!  How did you do the shadows under the butterflies on the one card?

Comment by Rosy Newlun on April 13, 2017 at 2:14am

How creative! I just love it! Never would have thought the use the words like you did, as a sentiment, because I can only see postage stamps lol. Great ideas, Melanie. I guess I'm a vertical kind of girl ♥

Comment by El Ivens on April 12, 2017 at 7:05pm

Great card.  Love the idea of the three postage stamps.  Will play around with that frame tomorrow and see if I can get them lined up.  Thanks for sharing.

Comment by Julia de la Fuente on April 12, 2017 at 5:44pm

Lovely design. I tried this design today but having trouble with getting the three "stamp" segments to be equal. Not giving up but will keep trying. Definitely need to get some of the Kraft ink. :)

Comment by Melanie, GKD Illustrator/DT on April 12, 2017 at 5:26pm
Thanks, ladies!
Comment by Susan Krueger on April 12, 2017 at 1:04pm

Love this card idea!  Got my set yesterday and hope I can create this one.  I like both orientations of the card.

Comment by Diana Scott on April 12, 2017 at 10:49am
Great video, Melanie! Thanks for sharing!
Comment by Melanie, GKD Illustrator/DT on April 12, 2017 at 10:08am

Right?? lol Thanks for your comment, Rebecca! :)

Comment by Rebecca on April 12, 2017 at 9:37am

Wonderful video, Melanie, I love this stamp set, have just ordered it was going to wait a little bit but thought hey why not :) My white uniball pen can also be very scratchy and misses at times.  Fantastic and colourful card :)