Today, Melanie shows you how to create this beautiful mountain scene with the sagebrush image from Stately Flowers 10, and a little masking, sponging and a direct to paper technique (DTP) with your ink pads!  She also does simple coloring on the flowers and has tips for how to create the illusion of transparency with the Glasswing butterfly image. Please enjoy!

Purchase Stately Flowers 10 here: http://www.shop.ginakdesigns.com/product.sc?productId=2653&categoryId=16

Gina K. Stately Flowers 10 stamp set

Gina K. Pure Luxury Navy cardstock (4 ¼” x 11”, scored at 5 ½””) and White  (4” x 5 1/4”)

Gina K. Memento Tuxedo Black, Jelly Bean, Grass Green, Fresh Asparagus, Navy, Powder Blue and Blue Raspberry  ink pads

Spectrum Noir markers: CT4, DG2, GG3, TN9

Sponge daubers, adhesive, sticky notes or scratch paper and scissors for masking

Views: 1980

Comment by Katie Margolis on August 8, 2016 at 9:43am

I like the B one better because the mountains dominate less, leaving more of the butterfly showing.

Comment by Tina Jastrzemski on August 5, 2016 at 9:35am

I thought I was going to like the first one better, but after all was said and done, it was the second one that I picked because it was more readable.  If I chose based on the flower coloring, it would be the first.  That being said, they are both beautiful and would have used either.  :)

Comment by Esther Rich on August 4, 2016 at 10:04pm

Beautiful card and technique.

Comment by Dianne Cahill on August 4, 2016 at 3:59pm
I prefer the second card as it looks more realistic. I live in Nevada and love the smell of sagebrush after a rain.
Comment by Carol Jean Maurer on August 4, 2016 at 12:10pm

I think I like B the best.  Reason being that I like the'word' stamp higher up on the card.  Looking forward to getting that stamp set so that I can start making cards from it.

Comment by Conniecrafter on August 4, 2016 at 8:34am

They are both great, I think I like the second one better just because of the placement of things and the grass you did with the side of the ink pad!

Comment by Therese Sprinkle on August 3, 2016 at 9:01pm

I love them both. Great job.

Comment by Ruth Manor on August 3, 2016 at 5:06pm

I love both cards equally.  You've used my most favorite technique on them - sponging.  Each of your cards turn into a wonderful work of art instead of just another card.  Thanks for sharing your talent with us and I'm looking forward to more of your wonderful works of art soon.

Comment by Eliane on August 3, 2016 at 3:57pm
Hi! I prefer B because of the placement of the Dream Word and the butterfly! I prefer the light in the sky that let the sun comes By! Sorry for my English i speak French!!!! From Montreal!!! Eliane
Comment by Dorothy Mutafopulos on August 3, 2016 at 3:37pm

First of all they are both beautiful but I like B just because you can see the sentiment.Looking forward to getting this stamp set an collecting all the stately flowers set . I have some but would like a complete set. ;)