How to Contemporize Classic Designs with A Year of Flowers 2

Today Melanie shows you how to adapt a card design you love with realistic flowers, to a more stylized, contemporary look with her A Year of Flowers 2 set. This all-occasion and seasons assortment of sketched elemental flowers and stems has such a whimsical feel and couldn’t be any simpler to color! She also shows how to simplify this design if you choose for a cleaner look, or how to step it up and create a gorgeous coordinating background with stamping and sponging. Lots of stamping, coloring and embellishment tips here, too! Sentiment is from Scripty Sayings, free for a limited time with qualifying purchase. Please enjoy!

Purchase A Year of Flowers 2 (demoe’d in video) here: http://www.shop.ginakdesigns.com/product.sc?productId=1707

Purchase A Year of Flowers here: http://www.shop.ginakdesigns.com/product.sc?productId=271&categoryId=32

Purchase A Year of Flowers 3 here: http://www.shop.ginakdesigns.com/product.sc?productId=2499&categoryId=16

Gina K. Designs A Year of Flowers 2 (or substitute A Year of Flowers of A Year of Flowers 3), Scripty Sayings stamp sets
Gina K. Pure Luxury Edible Eggplant (4 ¼” x 11”, scored at 5 ½” and 3” x 4 ¼”), Lovely Lavender (4” x 5 ¼”), White (2 ¾” x 3 1/2”) cardstock
Gina K. Edible Eggplant, Wild Lilac, and Grass green ink pads
Spectrum Noir markers: HB1, HB2, HB3, LV1, CG2, CG3, GG2
Sponge daubers, scissors, sticky notes for scratch paper for masks, adhesive, foam squares, adhesive pearls

Comment by Conniecrafter on March 27, 2016 at 7:36am

Beautiful!

Comment by El Ivens on March 20, 2016 at 8:32pm

Beautiful.  thanks for sharing.

Comment by Jan Brazier on March 16, 2016 at 6:21pm

Wow, Melanie!! These cards are so STUNNING!! Both these sets have now gone on my ever growing wish list! LOL Thank you for all your inspiration!!

Comment by Mary Pent on March 16, 2016 at 3:56pm

I got my first set of Melanie's stamps! LOVE ..unfortunately I prompted 'washed' one of the tiny ones down the drain! :'(  ugh  You can bet I promptly pulled that drain apart, alas...it was a goner.  Thanks for all of the beautiful designs and ideas.  Any chance you will ever have dies to match?  :)

Comment by Bobbi Miller on March 16, 2016 at 2:22pm

LOVE THIS!  And you are SO adorable about the camera battery.  Too cute!  I was NOT going to buy this set...I have changed my mind.  All I need now..is to USE it.  Why do we crafters sometimes not use what we buy?  There's so much to make, so little time. Thanks for another winning video!  Hugs!

Comment by Janet Licari on March 16, 2016 at 1:53pm

Great job Melanie!  I love purple and the soft loose flower is beautiful.  Wonderful background technique!

Comment by Irene S on March 16, 2016 at 12:43pm
Yippee!!!!! I just received my order that I placed last week which included this stamp set! I love this card. Thank you so much for sharing this. I could use many more ideas for this set!