Heat Embossed Background with the Cuttlebug

Black Onyx card stock- 4 1/4" X 11", scored at 5 1/2" and folded in half

White card stock- 3 7/8" X 5 1/8"

Smoky Slate card stock- 3 3/4" X 5"

Scraps for focal image and layers

Stamp Set- Vintage Chic

Card Stock- GKD Black Onyx, White, Smoky Slate

Ink- VersaMark, Memento Tuxedo Black

Cuttlebug folder Victoria, Floral Fantasy, Ribbon, Gold Superfine Embossing Powder, Heat tool, Sakura Stardust Pen, Tim Holtz Sanding Block, Nestabilities Large Petite Ovals, Large Scalloped Petite Ovals, 1/4" pop dots

Comment by Therese Sprinkle on December 23, 2014 at 6:50pm

Gina you did a great job in this card. I really like it a lot. keep up the great work.

Comment by Rosy Newlun on June 30, 2012 at 12:53am

Just watched again - the technique results in such a pretty look! Am wondering if you used fine black glitter on the image, and see Sakura Stardust pen - maybe you went over the stamped image with the pen. Either way, the card is unique and amazing!

Comment by Nana on September 16, 2011 at 8:13pm
Que idea más original, la voy a poner en práctica, gracias por mostrarla, por cierto la tarjeta esta preciosa.
Comment by Cheryl Carpenter on July 26, 2011 at 12:05pm

Going to my craft room to try this!!!

Comment by Dianne on July 25, 2011 at 12:33pm
Gina, I love this idea and made a Christmas card using it!  It is a little time consuming, but sooooo worth it!  Thanks so much for all your great ideas!  I also agree with the poster beneath me....thin cardstock is not a good idea for this technique.
Comment by Barbara Tobias on July 25, 2011 at 8:38am
I just tried this technique using recycled paper - I do not urge you to try with that particular paper product as the dry embossing cut the paper - maybe I had too much pressure. However. I am not giving up and will attempt with a better quality card or cover stock paper as suggested.
Comment by Susan Pierce on July 24, 2011 at 8:07pm
Thank you so much I love this technique! I also cant wait to try this one!
Comment by Conniecrafter on July 19, 2011 at 6:51am
so cool, can't wait to give this a try, thanks for sharing!
Comment by Sherian Dixon on July 16, 2011 at 4:16pm
Can't wait to try this one. Really makes the card look elegant!
Comment by Heidi West on July 16, 2011 at 11:01am
Thanks Gina, I will definitely use this technique often especially for Christmas.  What would we do without you! Keep up the good work.