Gina K. Designs Foil-Mates And Zig Clean Color Markers

The Following Gina K. Designs items were used:
*Stamp Set - Bold and Blooming
*Pure Luxury Cardstock - Black Onyx, Grass Green, Wild Lilac, White Layering Weight (80#) White Heavy Base Weight (120#)
*Die Set: Rectangle - Small and Large set
*Foil-Mates - Stars & Stripes, and Polka Party
*Fancy Foils - Grass Green, and Wild Lilac

I also used Zig Clean Color Markers - ( May Green , Light Green, and Violet)
Uni-ball pigment ink - White, Gelly Roll - Clear Star, Black & White Twine
Staz-On Black Ink, Bristol - smooth surface paper for the image layer, Scrapbook & Threm-O-Web 3 D Foam Squares, Scotch ATG,

Card Base - 4 1/4” X 11” scored at 5 1/2”
Base Layer - 4” X 5 1/4” Black Onyx 3 7/8” X 5 1/8” Polka Dot Layer (Wild Lilac Foiled ) You could cut it down to 3 3/4” X 5”
Middle Layer on top - Grass Green - 2 1/2” X 5 1/4” 2 3/8” X 5 1/8” Stripe Layer ( Grass Green Foiled)
Top Panel - Cut with the two largest dies in the Rectangle sets Black Onyx - 2 3/8” X 3 3/8” White Layer - 2 1/2” X 3 1/2”
Here is the Link to Gina K. Designs: where you will find the Foil-Mates, Fancy Foils, Dies, Cardstock, Stamp Set, Staz-on, White Gel Pen, Therm-o-web & Scrapbook Adhesive 3D Foam Squares, she also carries tape runners and lots of other wonderful item! :)

Comment by Rebecca on May 7, 2017 at 7:19pm

Awesome tutorial, Karen.  Your card is amazing and I love how you used the negative part of the foil inside of your card.  The two colours you chose really look stunning together.  Fab card :)

Comment by Cheryl on May 7, 2017 at 8:46am

Very nice, Karen!  Loved your video.  Great ideas.  I haven't used the foil yet but hopefully I'll get some soon,

Comment by Cindy Miller on May 6, 2017 at 6:14pm
Thank you Karen will try the window trick on my next card!
Comment by Karen Hightower-GKD-DT-Moderator on May 6, 2017 at 11:33am

Hi everyone!  Thank you so much for commenting and I am so glad you liked the video!  :)

Cindy M.  Yes ma'am, I was cleaning up my crafty room and I was close to a big window, and I picked up my card and with my back to the window, and light coming in, I noticed that the foil was reflecting all the light coming in... So, If you set your card up so it is facing a window and you and your camera can get in-between the window and the card, but you will have to be at a angle so you don't shadow the card! You should be able to get a good reflection with out having to use lots of lights and reflectors... The white on this card is a little dark, but I can lighten it up in my photo area on the computer, I just didn't edit it! I Hope that all makes since!  :)  Here is a picture of the card I was holding it. It has one dark spot at the bottom left.

Comment by Diane Brubaker on May 6, 2017 at 10:30am

Love the card!

Comment by Marlene B. Watts on May 5, 2017 at 6:57pm

Karen that was beautiful.  I loved it.

Comment by Judy e mathena on May 5, 2017 at 6:53pm

Great card and video!! Love the colors of your foil, the zig markers turned out really nice.

Comment by Johanna Rundell on May 5, 2017 at 5:34pm

Good video Karen. many thanks for sharing how you create things.

Comment by PAT EDGE on May 5, 2017 at 4:00pm

Good job  I love what you did  How do you come up with so many great ideas

Comment by Kathy Harrison on May 5, 2017 at 3:01pm