Faux Stitching Part 2 and Omission: Fabulous Frame

In today’s video, Melanie show you how to create a very different faux stitched look with the Fabulous Frame when you thump your marker on the diagonal! She also omits the belly band and oval in the frame to give you ideas for how you can customize the frame further with other stamp images. On this sample, she uses the magnolia from her Stately Flowers 3 set, accented with some simple Spectrum Noir marker coloring.

Purchase Fabulous Frame here: http://www.shop.ginakdesigns.com/product.sc?productId=2190&categoryId=-1

Purchase Stately Flowers 3 here: http://www.shop.ginakdesigns.com/product.sc?productId=1226&categoryId=-1

Gina K. Designs Fabulous Frame , Stately Flowers 3
Gina K. Pure Luxury Little Boy Blue and White cardstock
Gina K. Dark Chocolate ink pad
Spectrum Noir markers: IG2, CG1, EB3, brown brush tip marker (I used Tim Holtz Vintage Photo)
Optional: Spellbinders Petite Labels dies, die cutting machine, foam squares, adhesive pearls

For more of Melanie’s beautiful stamps from Gina K. Designs, click here: http://www.shop.ginakdesigns.com/category.sc?categoryId=32

For more inspiration from Melanie, click here for her blog: http://melaniemuenchinger.blogspot.com/

Comment by Karen Hightower-GKD-DT-Moderator on December 11, 2014 at 9:29am

I love the stitch look around this big frame. Your coloring on the flowers is beautiful! I think everybody has this crud going around. Hope you are better soon. Thanks for your videos.  :)

Comment by Diana Scott on December 11, 2014 at 9:25am
Beautiful card - thank you for "always" being willing to share your talent and inspiration with us. I really appreciate it!
Comment by Melanie, GKD Illustrator/DT on December 11, 2014 at 6:53am
I did, Liz, the sniffling couldn't be helped. Blowing during the video didn't seem appropriate. I did warn everyone in advance and apologized, and explained it was either skip doing my scheduled video I committed to or do my best. I am thankful that I am so rarely sick. :) Thank you for watching in spite of it being less than perfect.
Comment by Melanie, GKD Illustrator/DT on December 11, 2014 at 6:48am
Thanks, ladies! :)
Comment by Liz Bell on December 11, 2014 at 1:52am

NEXT TIME BLOW YOUR NOSE BEFOR YOU START

Comment by Rosy Newlun on December 10, 2014 at 10:57pm

What a marvelous design, Melanie! I love how you used the outside of the stamp as a border, slanting the marker tip! Beautiful and simple coloring ♥

Comment by Diana Scott on December 10, 2014 at 8:46pm
Awesome card - will definitely try this - love the colors! Thanks for sharing! Happy Holidays!
Comment by Karen Atkinson on December 10, 2014 at 4:11pm

Such a gorgeous card. Thank you for all your tutorials.

Comment by Joyce L. Gandy on December 10, 2014 at 12:49pm

Very pretty card. I am going to try to make it. Thank you!!

Comment by Dorothy Davis on December 10, 2014 at 12:27pm

Beautiful tutorial! I love how you are teaching us to use our alcohol markers. I am learning a lot and am encouraged so much. Merry Christmas Melanie!