Faux Etched Marble Technique: Wild at Heart

In today’s video, Melanie shows you how drawing and thumping with your water-based markers onto the bold stamp from her Wild at Heart frame stamp gives you the look of a piece of etched marble or granite when stamped. The negative floral design carved into the stamps really pops this way! This direct to stamp technique is perfect for creating interesting, stony textures on your stamped projects, looks beautiful in a variety of colors, and is great for masculine cards. Greeting is from Triple Play Fillers. Melanie shared this technique and similar design in her book Fabulous Stamped Frames (now available as an electronic download for your iPad, desktop or Kindle).

Purchase Wild at Heart here: http://www.shop.ginakdesigns.com/product.sc?productId=927&categoryId=-1

Purchase Triple Play Fillers here: http://www.shop.ginakdesigns.com/product.sc?productId=2428&categoryId=16

Purchase Fabulous Stamped Frames here: https://www.anniescatalog.com/detail.html?code=701047&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_source=cj&source=CJAAFF

Gina K. Designs Wild at Heart, Triple Play Fillers stamp sets

Gina K. Kraft Ink Pad

Gina K. Pure Luxury White ( 5 ½” x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”, 3 7/8” x 5 1/8”, and ½” x 3 1/8”) and Edible Eggplant (4” x 5 ¼” and 5/8” x 3 ¼”) cardstock

Spectrum Aqua Markers-Essentials Collection (Terracotta and Chocolate)

Comment by Margaret Iverson on August 17, 2015 at 5:59am

Love this stamp and the technique!  Thanks for a great design.

Comment by Conniecrafter on August 10, 2015 at 8:16am

very cool

Comment by Tammy barnhouse on August 6, 2015 at 8:52pm

Talent that is what you have everything you have done has been just beautiful  the work you do is so lovely. I could watch u make cards all day long well sometimes i sit here and do that . Mine do not look as good but i enjoy making them and i am trying to buy every stamp you have put out i just love them . Thank you for sharing with us and please keep up the great work

Comment by jan crissman on August 6, 2015 at 4:20pm
Will give this a try. Thanks for video of pretty card
Comment by Donna Wikle on August 5, 2015 at 7:42pm

Love the card. Thanks for sharing the technique. I love watching you.

Comment by Catherine FRADET on August 5, 2015 at 4:04pm

Thanks for sharing this very nice technique.I am gonna try it and I hope I will be able to do as well as you.

Bonne journée.

Comment by Kathleen Adams on August 5, 2015 at 1:09pm

I love this technique!  I wish I could wonder around Inside your head for about an hour!  Thanks again for another winner!

Comment by Diana Greer on August 5, 2015 at 11:20am

Beautiful, thanks for sharing.  I have been waiting all week for  a video and it was so worth the wait!

Happy Stampin - Diana

Comment by Debbie Vickroy on August 5, 2015 at 11:04am

I think this technique is absolutely beautiful! So simple for such a brilliant effect. I will be playing with this for sure on all of my background stamps too! Debbie