Black Onyx Layer- 5 1/2" X 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4" and folded in half

White Layer- 3 7/8" X 5 1/8"

Focal Image Layer- 3 3/4" X 5"

Stamp Sets- Thankful Ovals, Birthday Blessings

Ink: GKD Black Onyx

Embossing Powder- GKD Clear

Ribbon- GKD Black Gingham

Dies: Ovals Stackers, Ovals Stackers Layers, Inverted Ovals

Spectrum Noir Markers, Adhesive, Sponge Dauber, Foam Dots

Comment by Linda Brown on April 8, 2015 at 8:22am

As I am an novice, love learning new techniques! Wishing that the tutorial would take that extra 5 min. and show all the steps to complete the card instead of just describing the finishing steps. I am just learning and what comes natural to experienced card makers or they have seen numerous times, I have not seen and I have yet to learn. I need to see all the steps, as in die cutting, learning the tools and technique. Hoping I am a voice for all the other beginners. Beautiful card! I will try the technique as I just acquired Spectrum markers, and try figure out how to do the die cut and layering.

Comment by Conniecrafter on April 6, 2015 at 8:22am

Terrific technique, love the look!!

Comment by CONNIE BROOKS on April 5, 2015 at 3:55pm
I DID IT!!!! I made this card today! Thank you Gina for turning me into a card-maker.
Comment by Lorraine Teacher on April 5, 2015 at 12:59pm

Sue, you are so welcome! I am sure your card will be beautiful!

Comment by Sue keating on April 5, 2015 at 12:08pm

Thank you Lorraine, I will try that.

Comment by Lorraine Teacher on April 5, 2015 at 10:53am
Hi Sue,
When I make dark cards I do one of two things:
Cut a piece of white thin cardstock, trace around the edge with the same dark color of the card - and use the white cardstock to write on, then glue it into the card.
Another option is using the Sakura white jelly roll 08 pen. It wrotes beautifully on dark cardstock. Hope this helps!
Comment by Sue keating on April 5, 2015 at 10:40am

I love this technique and have used butterflies instead of the leaf but I am wondering since you used the black onyx as the card base how do you do the inside of the card?

Comment by Leanne Cahill on April 4, 2015 at 4:42pm

Love it.  Thanks for sharing :-)

Comment by Sharon McDonald on April 4, 2015 at 1:54pm

Really like this technique and card, I'm going to give it try.

Comment by Virginia Brisbay on April 4, 2015 at 1:49pm
Do you carry the beaded oval dies? I can't wait to try this technique!