Emboss Resist Butterfly Lace- Melanie Muenchinger

This video shows an emboss resist technique using a butterfly stamp to make a raised, lacy looking border on your projects.
Supplies used:
Stately Flowers 8 and Make a State-ment
Pure Luxury White Cardstock
Versamark, Gina K. Black Onyx and Cherry Red ink pads
red marker, glitter pen, sponge dauber, scissors, adhesive pearl
embossing powder and heat tool

Visit Melanie's Blog for more projects featuring her beautiful stamp sets here: Hands, Head, Heart

To find Melanie's Stamps, visit here: Melanie Muenchinger's Stamps

Comment by Melanie, GKD Illustrator/DT on March 4, 2014 at 2:35am

Hi Barbara, I think I know what you mean, it may be you see me having to tilt the stamp away to pull it off the page? Versamark is a pretty sticky ink (so the embossing powder will stick!) so it doesn't pull straight off the way a waterbased ink will and you have to wiggle it a bit.  For other inks, I would normally press down, apply pressure, and pull. :)

Comment by Barney (Barbara) Martin on March 3, 2014 at 6:18pm

I love this card and plan to try the technique tonight.  But I noticed when you were stamping that you were "rocking" the butterfly stamp.  I was always taught that this is a definite no-no as it smears the ink.

Comment by Kay Sawyer on February 25, 2014 at 6:17am

Great easy card with a wow factor xx

Comment by Loretta Rush on February 24, 2014 at 9:56pm
Okay, I got it! Beautiful card! Thank you for sharing and helping me!
Comment by Loretta Rush on February 24, 2014 at 9:55pm
Okay, I got it! Beautiful card! Thank you for sharing and helping me!
Comment by Loretta Rush on February 24, 2014 at 9:39pm
Melanie, it still won,t open. This card and beautiful and would love to see the video. Thank you
Comment by Melanie, GKD Illustrator/DT on February 24, 2014 at 8:40pm
Loretta, have you tried it through Youtube or the link above to my blog?
Comment by Loretta Rush on February 24, 2014 at 8:16pm
I cannot get this video to play! :-(
Comment by Sean Fetterman on February 24, 2014 at 5:51pm

Gorgeous Mel! :)

Comment by Rosy Newlun on February 24, 2014 at 5:14pm

Brilliant red card Melanie! And yes, that is a super gorgeous butterfly -- love your design as lace border :)