Dress Up Washi & Ribbon with Fabulous Holiday Fillers

In today’s video, I’ll show you some fun ideas for how to use the borders and smaller images in my Fabulous Holiday Fillers set to enhance and accent your washi, as well as dress up strips of patterned paper and ribbon. You can also stamp directly on the washi to change the season or occasion. I have lots of tips as well as how you can use the small circles in the set to make scalloped borders and patterns with a little masking.

I didn’t leave enough room for the longer greeting I was planning for the front, but I forgot to say that sentiment is perfect for stamping inside the card!

Gina K. Designs Fabulous Holiday Filers stamp set
GKD Pure Luxury White cardstock
GKD Red Hot, Blue Raspberry ink pads
Gina K. Wild Washi-Yellow Stripe and Red Polka Dots
Scratch paper, sticky notes for masking, and adhesive foam

For more of Melanie’s beautiful stamps from Gina K. Designs, click here: http://www.shop.ginakdesigns.com/category.sc?categoryId=32

For more inspiration from Melanie, click here for her blog: http://melaniemuenchinger.blogspot.com/

Comment by Karen Hightower-GKD-DT-Moderator on October 29, 2014 at 8:36am

Wonderful video, thanks for the great ideas.  :)

Comment by Liddia Beeman on October 28, 2014 at 8:30pm

I  enjoy watching your videos. So many uses for this stamp set.

Comment by Bonnie L. Carpenter on October 28, 2014 at 7:26pm

Melanie.  You make everything you do look sooooo easy.  You (everyone too) made what you called a mistake, but really you would have been the only one to know, but you squealed on yourself.  tsk tsk.  I did receive both the filler sets and look forward to spending the day playing. Like Patricia said, you are so good at designing cards and I also enjoy watching you create them.  Best Wishes to your Son--for whatever he did to deserve a card from you aksa Mom.

Comment by Linda Fay Holland on October 28, 2014 at 7:18pm

I love your card & I made one along with video. I am so glad I got these stamps Thanks Melanie

for your inspiration

Comment by Rosie G on October 28, 2014 at 5:53pm

Wow love how you did the have circle, thanks for the insight to how to use the tape.

Comment by Mary Gillmarten on October 28, 2014 at 5:45pm

Melanie, I just LOVE what you did with the stamping off -- that alone was so fun!  Of course I've used that stamping method before but not to such a wonderfully fun effect!  And I think your "mistake" was even more fun than the original card!  What a great set!

Comment by Nana Griffin on October 28, 2014 at 5:14pm

Thanks Melanie for showing us how to use some of the small pieces. Some times they just sit in the sets and never get used because I don't know what to do with such small elements. Love how both cards turned out.

Comment by Patricia Wright Whitlow on October 28, 2014 at 1:51pm

What a sweet card.  You are so good at designing cards.  I enjoy watching you create.  Thanks for sharing all your great ideas.

Comment by CONNIE BROOKS on October 28, 2014 at 11:33am
Melanie..I love these darling cards using washi tape. I have lots of washi....but didnt know how to use it other than for taping.....duh! I do now, I'm going to make some notecards today. Thanks for giving me some ideas.
Comment by Melanie, GKD Illustrator/DT on October 28, 2014 at 11:17am
Ooh, I love that, Riette! It's like ultimate compliment!