Create a warm, elegant Christmas card by coloring stamped poinsettias with Copic markers and adding shading with color pencils. Then sponge a soft, subtle background using a frame mask. Featuring images from the Dashing stamp set, and Home For the Holidays StampTV kit, from Gina K Designs.

Finished Card Size - 5 ½ by 4 ¼ inches

Dashing Stamp Set and Sheet Music Background StampTV Stamp - Gina K Designs

Pure Luxury Cardstock (White, Fresh Asparagus, Black Onyx)- Gina K Designs

Black Onyx, Sweet Corn, Warm Cocoa ink - Gina K Designs

Memento Tuxedo Black Ink

Copic Markers (R27, R24, R00, YG03)

Prisma Color Pencils (Crimson Lake, Crimson Red, Scarlet Lake)

Jumbo Sponge Daubers

Scissors

Megarunner Adhesive

3D Adhesive Foam Squares

Comment by Linda Van Bloem on November 9, 2016 at 6:13pm

Very beautiful, but really nice to see your face and put it to the designer.

Comment by sherri scott on November 6, 2016 at 11:50am

What a beautiful card!

Comment by Diana Scott on November 4, 2016 at 4:35pm
Stunning card! Love watching you work. Always learn something new from you. Thanks for sharing!
Comment by Karen Hightower-GKD-DT-Moderator on November 4, 2016 at 3:52pm

Gorgeous card Theresa!!!  It was so good to see you in your video!  :)  I love the coloring with pencils over markers, and of course your sponging is a perfect background for the poinsettias!  <3  Thank You for Sharing and Inspiring!

Comment by Karen Atkinson on November 4, 2016 at 2:44pm

Hello Theresa, You are as beautiful on the outside as you seem to be on the inside. So nice to see a face to go with the voice. I love your card. The background really warms up the card and seems to make the flowers glow.

Thanks for a great tutorial.

Comment by Judy Inukai on November 4, 2016 at 12:55pm

Beautiful card. Nice to see you. I was hoping you’d do a tutorial on coloring the poinsettias. I like the addition of using the colored pencils to highlight and enhance the Copics. I would have never thought of doing that before my visit to the Village. Now I can start my list of Copic/Prisma comparisons.

Comment by Johanna Rundell on November 4, 2016 at 12:19pm

Nice to see a face to the person showing the technique. Love this card. If I were to do this with spectrum Noir markers which colours would work best to get a similar result to the Copics? I only have SN although I do have a few Copics. The pencils I have are similar to the ones you used. Thanks

Comment by Rosy Newlun on November 4, 2016 at 1:37am

Aloha Theresa!!! You look GREAT! So nice to "see" you ♥ Love this faux layer technique and the card is just awesome. Great coloring and sponging :)

Comment by Nancy Nguyen on November 3, 2016 at 4:26pm

Theresa we get to see you not just your hands.  Yea.