Creating Stamped-Off Patterns- Melanie Muenchinger

Today's video shows how easy it is to create patterns with the stamping off technique and the Pretty Patterns 2 set. You can create so many different looks on your projects with these stamps. You can also use the Lots of Letters set to spell out a sentiment on the stair steps created from stamping on a diagonal. This bright graphic CAS card uses minimal supplies, can be made quickly and can be adapted to any occasion.

Purchase Pretty Patterns 2 here: http://www.shop.ginakdesigns.com/prod...

Purchase Lots of Letters here: http://www.shop.ginakdesigns.com/prod...

Supplies used:
Gina K Designs Lots of Letters and Pretty Patterns 2
Gina K. Pure Luxury White and Black Onyx cardstock
Gina K Sweet Mango and Black Onyx, Memento Lilac Posies ink pads
Long and small gridline blocks

Black top fold card base (4 1/4" x 11", scored at 5 1/2")
4" x 5 1/4" white mat

Visit Melanie's Blog for more projects featuring her beautiful stamp sets here: Hands, Head, Heart

To find Melanie's Stamps, visit here: Melanie Muenchinger's Stamps

Comment by Anna Jernigan on March 29, 2014 at 1:31am

Melanie, I love this card idea.  I have gotten so much mileage out of both your Pretty Patterns sets.

I've used my Silhouette Cut-Files of these sets, and made some really nice cards using your "strips", and also the whole card shapes.  Endless ways to use them, along with different color combinations.  Such a clever idea to offer those cut-files.  Thank you for your efforts.  I get so many compliments on those cards.

Love your videos, Melanie, and, your books, and blog ideas.  You rock!!!

Comment by Leta Ford on March 24, 2014 at 6:46pm

Nice alternate way to use the pattern stamp set. Love it.

Comment by Melanie, GKD Illustrator/DT on March 24, 2014 at 12:38pm

Thanks, Sharon! :D

Comment by Sharon Underwood on March 24, 2014 at 11:27am

What a neat card! Love that design.

Comment by Melanie, GKD Illustrator/DT on March 24, 2014 at 11:08am

I know, right, Verna?? ;)

Comment by Melanie, GKD Illustrator/DT on March 24, 2014 at 11:07am

Thanks, Judy!  The chevron border  in Pretty Patterns would work well as a substitute (but obviously, make much bigger "stairs" :)

Comment by Verna Angerhofer on March 24, 2014 at 10:44am

Cool video and thanks for sharing this fun technique. I will certainly give it a try soon. And, I heard it called "stamping off" so guess I was taught the same way you were Melanie!

Comment by Judy Woodland on March 24, 2014 at 10:35am

Really fun technique. I have Pretty Patterns 1 and I think I'm going to see what I can do with that set. Thanks for the great inspiration!

Comment by Melanie, GKD Illustrator/DT on March 24, 2014 at 10:10am

Note:  If anyone is wondering why I didn't stamp my letters first and then stamp squares over them, the Black Onyx stamped letters will transfer to inked up square stamp as if you've kissed them and transfer to your paper if you stamp off! (trust me)  So if you do stamp the letters first, just be sure to clean the square stamp in between each time you stamp it. :)

Comment by Melanie, GKD Illustrator/DT on March 24, 2014 at 10:06am

Thanks, Heidi, that's just how I learned it 11 years ago at a stamping workshop, but I heard "generation stamping" a few years for the first time and though, "huh?" LOL!