Create Simple Stamped Calendars with Stately Flowers 12

Today, Melanie Muenchinger is sharing a preview of her newest set coming out Thursday from Gina K. Designs, Stately Flowers 12, which includes a mini calendar, sized with cards in mind! You will love the new state flowers and customizing these calendars for your own space and sharing with friends. While optional for the design, Fabulous Frame creates an elegant sketch and perfectly spotlights both the dates and the chosen flower, or any other images you showcase for that month! You can put the calendar above or below your image in portrait style also to vary your layout. In addition to showing how to line up the dates and make the easel, she demonstrates simple coloring of the lilacs with the Zig Clean Color markers. Be sure to watch to the end of the video for another option for framing, from another set in the Stately series!

Note: To store all 6 mats (12 months of the calendar) on the easel, do the first score closer to 1/2" and second score at 6 inches!

Stately Flowers 12 will be available for purchase Thursday night, January 11th, at 7PM Central at ginakdesigns.com

Purchase Fabulous Frame here: http://www.shop.ginakdesigns.com/product.sc?productId=2190&categoryId=32

Gina K. Designs Stately Flower 12 and Fabulous Frame stamp sets

Memento Tuxedo Black and Gina K. Sweet Corn ink pads

Kuretake Zig Clean color markers- Lilac, Purple, Deep Violet, Green, Yellow Green, Light Gray

Gina K. Pure Luxury cardstock- Heavy Base Weight White or Ivory (1 and 1/2 sheets, cut into six 4 1/8" x 5 3/8" panels) and Black Onyx ( 4 1/4" x 11" scored at 1/4" and 5 3/4")

Scoring board, scratch paper and scissors to create a mask, sponge dauber, MISTI or acrylic blocks (4" x 6" and 3.5"), Scor-Tape

Comment by Conniecrafter on January 14, 2018 at 7:49am

that is too cool, I have another stamp set to put on my wish list :)

Comment by dorette mc pherson on January 12, 2018 at 11:56am

Hi Melanie, thanks you for kind note, all your videos and great tips. You certainly have a lot of happy and grateful people here, the others just don't know what they are missing. I am sure you will still be stamping at (--) !!

Comment by Melanie, GKD Illustrator/DT on January 12, 2018 at 10:58am

Thank you, everyone! :)

Comment by Rosy Newlun on January 11, 2018 at 10:58pm

Brilliant creation and flowers, Melanie. Thank you so much for the video tutorial - I love these!

Comment by Melanie, GKD Illustrator/DT on January 11, 2018 at 5:31pm

Hi Dorette, thanks so much for sharing that! I don't have a lot of people in my day to day life (offline) that are interested in my work, so it is so encouraging to hear it brings joy to others! I hope I am stamping at 89. Hugs and blessings

Comment by Melanie, GKD Illustrator/DT on January 11, 2018 at 5:29pm

Hi Jackie, if you mean the one I showed in his video with the postage stamp, yes!! The calendar will fit in the postage frame vertically or horizontally!:)

Comment by Melanie, GKD Illustrator/DT on January 11, 2018 at 5:27pm

Comment by Jackie Kaiser on January 11, 2018 at 10:36am

Is the calender with this set the same one that you used with the postage stamp card? Absolutely love the idea.

Comment by dorette mc pherson on January 11, 2018 at 10:17am

Hi Melanie and thank you for answering my question. It looked like the belly band would be too small. I just tried to mask the trees close to the edge right and left on the "framescape winter trees" stamp set, but they are too close to the frame edge to get it perfect and neat. So I guess I will get both stamp sets, the fab frame and flowers #12. I am probably foolish for buying so much at my age (89), but I figure as long as the good lord keeps my so healthy and I am walking this earth, I do what I enjoy and have fun. Besides my daughters and friends love my cards and think it is great that I have such a wonderful hobby and not just sit there waiting to be entertained.

I've been trying to add you to my list of friends ( you certainly are a great one) but no luck, can you help with that too.?

Thanks again and have a great day, looking forward to your video !!!

Comment by Melanie, GKD Illustrator/DT on January 11, 2018 at 8:56am

Hi Dorette, good question, thanks for asking!  The calendar is slightly wider than the circle but you can mask it and space the number columns a little closer together to fit inside the circle to make it work with Holiday Frame, however is too wide to fit in Holiday Frame's belly band, now work around there.  The calendar does fir a lot of other die cuts, and layers onto other large stamps as well!  Finally, I will be showing in video shortly how it was also designed to fit the seed packet image in Stately Flowers 10! :)