Craft Your Joy: Whimsical Card Design with Foil Mates Peek-a-Boo

From Lisa:

In this video, I'm sharing how I use the negative piece of foil mates as an embellishment to create a peek-a-boo window design. I get a little nerdy along the way sharing my thoughts on the design of this card project. This tutorial took a twist when I realized the card design just wasn’t quite there. I made a move in a new direction and ended up LOVING IT! This design uses my new You Are stamp set and the Tropical Blooms set from the Hearts and Flowers Stamp TV Kit. Oh and I can’t forget the Bubblegum Pink Foil Mates that I nerded out about in the video. Enjoy!

Comment by Lisa Hetrick, GKD ILLUSTRATOR/DT on February 26, 2018 at 2:49pm

Hi Aileen,

I'm so glad you enjoyed the tutorial. There are always a lot of twists and turns. I'd love to see your card creations. The beautiful thing about all of this... it's fun, and so good for our well-being. LOVE IT!

Comment by Aileen Thorne on February 24, 2018 at 7:44am

Hi Lisa. I enjoyed watching you through the process of making this card. I now realize my own processes as a beginning card designer are more normal than I thought. The twists and turns. The distilling of the design and how it comes to you what to do next. Thank you!

Comment by Jane Mason on February 15, 2018 at 12:32pm

Great card love the simplicity of it.

Comment by Lisa Hetrick, GKD ILLUSTRATOR/DT on February 15, 2018 at 7:42am

Hi Deborah! I'm happy to hear that you found the video helpful. Grateful you stopped by to watch it. Thank you!

Comment by Kissinger Deborah on February 15, 2018 at 7:26am

Lovely card and I greatly appreciate the time you took to explain your thought process in designing the card.  This was a great educational help for me in my card designing.

Comment by Lisa Hetrick, GKD ILLUSTRATOR/DT on February 14, 2018 at 8:26pm

Thanks everyone! I can promise you this... more nerdy chatter into the future for sure. It's in my DNA. Tee hee!

Comment by Jan Brazier on February 14, 2018 at 8:09pm

Love your video, Lisa! Loved all your 'nerdy' chatter too! It was very interesting watching your card evolve. Thank you for the inspiration! :-)

Comment by Karen Hightower-GKD-DT-Moderator on February 13, 2018 at 6:35pm

Love your videos Lisa! It is fun listening to you go through the process of creating! <3 Beautiful card! :)

Comment by Lisa Hetrick, GKD ILLUSTRATOR/DT on February 13, 2018 at 3:07pm

Thank you ladies! Sorry you had trouble hearing me Verna. I always think I'm screaming into the microphone. HA! I'll make sure things are louder in the next video! I did get a bit design nerdy in this one. Hope you found it helpful.

Comment by Shirley A Hutchins on February 13, 2018 at 3:01pm

Thank you for sharing your gift of design.  Such a beautiful card.  I think I will borrow part of your design and make an anniversary card for my daughter and son-in-love.  The colors together make it perfect for both of them.