Craft Your Joy: Clean + Simple Joy Card Tutorial

Craft Your Joy: Clean + Simple Joy Card Tutorial

From Lisa: Hi Friends! I felt like it was time to share a tutorial that was more on the clean and simple side vs. the exploding color artsypants side. HA! The challenge: big shampow's of color that come together in a clean and simple one layer card --offset with a few embellishments to make it sparkly.

Comment by Nana Griffin on November 25, 2018 at 10:10am

Such a lovely card! I love how you made the wreath thicker and added all the little extra stamped images. I was wondering if you put the sequins on cupped up or down seeing you just grabbed them with the picker and added them without turning any of them. I always wondered if it mattered or not but seems to have more area to stick the one way.

Comment by Elizabeth Bailey on March 8, 2018 at 1:44pm

How fun is this!  A card that looks complicated but is so easy peasy.  I am going into my Office (craft room) and make this card right now!!  I love this look and can't wait to try it out  Thank you so much for sharing this card with us.  PS I love your soft voice and clear speech.  :)

Comment by Donna Phelan on March 8, 2018 at 9:55am

That's beautiful, Lisa!

Comment by Shala Carter on March 7, 2018 at 4:50pm

I did enjoy this tutorial. I like that some stampers are going more "back to basics". It was nice to see you make this without the Misty. I love the colors! The only thing that bugged me was that the "joy" did not have the dot on top of the "j" and I was hoping to have a sequin, or the heart right on top. It's an OCD thing. ;) Cheers!

Comment by Lisa Hetrick, GKD ILLUSTRATOR/DT on March 7, 2018 at 8:57am

Thank you everyone! This was a fun project to create. I hope the clean and simple design inspires you.

Comment by Karen Hightower-GKD-DT-Moderator on March 7, 2018 at 7:20am

Beautiful card project Lisa! Love how you stamped it several times to get a full thick wreath. Then all the added extra images really make it come alive! <3. Thank You for sharing with us! <3

Comment by Debbie on March 6, 2018 at 6:39pm

I love this card! Great colors!

Comment by Mary Redford on March 6, 2018 at 2:06pm

This is a great card I loved it ......

MaryRedford