Craft Your Joy Card Tutorial: Watercolor Ghosting Technique with Oxides and Dye Inks

From Lisa:

Friends are Flowers Card Tutorial: Watercolor Ghosting Technique with Oxides and Dye Inks

This card tutorial is big on color layers. Using a technique I'm calling watercolor ghosting, I was able to achieve a reaction on the paper with dye inks and oxide inks. This "reaction" helped create multi-color layers on one piece of watercolor paper. Not gonna lie, super easy and a whole lotta fun.

Stamp Sets Used:
Hello Beautiful, Gina K Designs
Where Flowers Bloom, Gina K Designs.

Gina K Designs Premium Dye Ink:
Coral Reef, Key Lime, Sea Glass, Innocent Pink, Bubblegum Pink, Jelly Bean Green, Sweet Corn, Amalgam Ink

Paperstock:
Sea Glass, Black Onyx

Comment by Retta Rae on May 1, 2018 at 8:33am

I have been on vacation, so finally got to watch this video.  WOW!  Just amazing!!!! Can't wait to try this.  Thank you so much.  I just love your cards, but find I'm a little too controlling to be very affective at your technique.  However, this card has made me want to try again.

Comment by Bev Pallen Belbin on April 29, 2018 at 1:00pm

What a beautiful job, your card is lovely.

Comment by Diana Scott on April 27, 2018 at 2:26pm

Well Gals!  I tried!  Paper was too wet and is now in the trash!  Just a hint!  Will try again but first attempt I ended up with “mud”!  Hugs!

Comment by Pam Marchand on April 27, 2018 at 1:48pm

I'm in love with the beautiful images you created....Thanks so much.

Comment by Donna Phelan on April 27, 2018 at 12:13pm

That is AHmazing!!!

Comment by Rockin Robin Caldwell on April 26, 2018 at 7:17pm

This is absolutely gorgeous! I can't wait to try it.

Comment by Patricia Dunbar on April 26, 2018 at 4:56pm

omg this technique is AMAZING..looks really easy but looks like you spent a lot of time creating this...just love it!

Patricia
|the PaperTemptress

Comment by Karen Hightower-GKD-DT-Moderator on April 26, 2018 at 2:26pm

This is Beautiful, I am going to have to try it very soon! I can't wait. I love the dreamy feel of this Ghosting Technique! <3 :)

Comment by Heather Steinman on April 26, 2018 at 12:34pm

Love it. Question, s

where did you get your big craft mat?

Comment by Dana Marsolek on April 26, 2018 at 4:35am