Thanks Carolyn for sending this poem to me!
Reasons for being a card maker:
1) It helps keep the economy going. It is one's duty to support cardcraft manufacturers, timber/paper mills, craft shops and internet sites.
2) It is less expensive and more fun that psychiatric care.
3) It's participation in a contest- The one who dies with the most unused peel offs, toppers etc, wins.
4) Craft bits keep without refrigeration, you don't have to cook them to enjoy them, you never have to feed them, change them, wipe their noses or walk them.
5) It's not immoral, illegal, or fattening. It calms the nerves, gratifies the soul, and makes one feel good.
6) It makes good use of your imag-e-nation
If people say you’re stuck up
They mean you've spilt the glue
If they remark on your sparkling personality
You've spilt the glitter too
You would go and make a cuppa
If you could only see the floor
Trying maneuvers round the obstacle course
You think what is it for
Well, it’s for the joy of others
When your card comes in the post
And it never seems like hard work
For you enjoy it the most