said the butterfly -- STV17 MON11

"Just living is not enough" said the butterfly "one must have sunshine, freedom and a little flower"...Hans Christian Andersen.
My card for Cat's What's That You Say? MIUM challenge to create a card from a quote. Sunshine, flowers, freedom and butterflies just about covers everything for me.
GKD: A Year of Flowers 2 and Fabulous Frames by Melanie,
Turquoise Sea and white cardstock.
Tim Holtz Alterations embossing folder by Sizzix, sponge some honey mustard on the rays, added a little glitter and shine, too.
Not much gallery time this week, we had a snow storm in Pennsylvania and then my birthday and waiting my son to arrive home for a visit. Hope to leave some comments tonight. Thanks for looking and have a wonderful day.

Comment by Melanie, GKD Illustrator/DT on March 21, 2017 at 11:27am

Love it!

Comment by Rebecca on March 20, 2017 at 8:05am

Beautiful and poignant quote, Gayle and your card is stunning.  I love how you have used the embossing folder, it really adds dimension and texture to your card.  Your butterflies and flower has been coloured in fantastically and I love your colour combinations.  Your card definitely makes me feel happy.  Fantastic card :)  Happy Belated Birthday, hope you had a great day and hope your son arrived home safely :)

Comment by geri on March 19, 2017 at 10:39pm
Great quote and wonderful card.
Comment by El Ivens on March 19, 2017 at 10:03pm

Love the texture you added to the card.   Your layout is awesome.

Comment by Judy Inukai on March 19, 2017 at 8:38pm

Great card. Your butterflies and background are beautiful. I really like the quote.

Comment by Dawn Skene on March 19, 2017 at 6:18pm

Great quote! I love the embossed background.

Comment by Verna Angerhofer on March 19, 2017 at 5:27pm

So well done and fits the quote you chose perfectly.

Comment by Robin Logue on March 19, 2017 at 1:46pm

Very pretty

Comment by Johanna Rundell on March 19, 2017 at 12:19pm

Stupendous card!!! You incorporated it all and you did it in a fabulous way. Great quote and a wonderful interpretation Gayle. Hope you had a lovely birthday in spite of a snow storm. My friend on the East coast sent me photos of her yard. The snow comes up to her husbands shoulders. Uhg!