See? I KNEW I'd be inspired to create something after looking through the gallery. The cards on there are super super GORGEOUS! GJ everyone!

After the first 'disastrous' attempt in making a snowflake card, I thought I'd try to keep it simple this time. BUT, I wanted to give the card a little *twist*. Soooooo, instead of an ordinary open card, I made this into a umm pop-up, slider-ish, thingy? haha! I dunno WHAT you call this kinda card. I saw the tut online sometime back and I thought - HEY! I can make that! The card itself close flat. You would then pull on the ribbon tab on top and the centre panel would slide up, revealing the sentiments.

I used the sentiments from the GKD's Seasonal Sayings. That set is just PERFECT for holiday cards! But, that FAB-looking snowman with an attitude is from Inkadinkado's Ornate Christmas. Somehow this set reminds me of vintage Christmas? I dunno! Don't ask me why I think that, but I DO! hehe

I also added that single snowflake from Spellbinders. Cute, right? Right? Right?

And last but not least, the background is from my old Sizzix plate.

Oh! One last thing, I think I'm going to submit this to the swap thingy that Barb is holding. She doesn't know it yet, you guys are the first to read this. Yaaayyy ME!

Merry Christmas in October everyone! HO HO HO! :D xox

Comment by Leslie Brown on October 21, 2011 at 11:41pm

Thank you, Kathy, Donna and Alex. You guys are too sweet!

Donna, I saw the first 3 minutes of the video and it is exactly the same way I did the card. But, I don't think this is the lady whose video I watched. The other lady made a Valentine's card. Or at least its pinkish? I remembered because I was looking for cool Valentine's Day card at the time. That was what caught my eye. The pink. I will forward the link to Melissa. Thank you, Donna! xox

Comment by Alex Turner on October 21, 2011 at 4:31pm
Beautiful card Leslie
Comment by Kathy Krug on October 20, 2011 at 12:37am
Love this card and yiur personality shiws in you cards and in what you write.  You are a rock star!!!
Comment by Leslie Brown on October 19, 2011 at 10:52pm

hahaha Donna! I think I shall call it that! LOL

And thank you very much for liking my cards y'all! Love ya!

Comment by Olga Moore on October 19, 2011 at 8:44pm
What a cute card, Leslie. Love that pop-up snowman.
Comment by Lee on October 19, 2011 at 1:46pm
What a darling pop up snowman!!   Most definitely you've achieved CUTENESS!!!  =)
Comment by Verna Angerhofer on October 19, 2011 at 10:50am
What a cool card. Love the snowman and everything done up in blue. Now everyone keep that snow on paper only..I don't want any flying around in the air yet. Okay?
Comment by Melissa Vannoy on October 19, 2011 at 10:48am
OOOOooooh!  Love this design, Leslie!  What a cool design - do you remember where the tutorial is?  Would love to try this myself.  So excited that you have also joined Barb's swap - I'm crossing my fingers for one of your cards!  Have a great day!
Comment by Barbara Brenneman on October 19, 2011 at 9:52am
Sorry Leslie, didn't mean to call you Donna, working on my first cup of coffee of the day!!
Comment by Barbara Brenneman on October 19, 2011 at 9:51am
You two Donna's are having way toooo much fun this morning!  I love your technical terms too.  Love that snowman Donna and the way you colored him and I can see that your snowman does have a vintage look.  Well done Donna and Merry Christmas in October to you as well!!!!