stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

Hi There Everyone! 

I Hope you all are having a wonderful week! 

It is Friday and time for a Funday Card Tutorial! 

So on the Color challenge I used a Acetate Card base. And this week I wanted to do a Acetate Window Card! :) 

Here are the Items I used to create the card!   

Gina K. Designs:

*Pure Luxury Card Stock: Dusty Rose, White Layering Weight and Heavy Base weight

*Premium Dye Inks: Black Onyx, Innocent Pink, Dusty Rose, Passionate Pink, Jelly Bean Green, Fresh Asparagus. 

*Black Onyx Plaid Ribbon

*Twisted Twine: Black Onyx

*Stamp Sets: Frame & Flowers 1 and Frame & Flowers 2 

*Dies: Fancy Frame Die Set 2 Square, and Flowers 2 Die Set

Also Staz-on black, 3D foam Squares, bling,

I began by cutting the white base weight card stock

4 1/4” x 11” scored at 5 1/2”.  

then I used the dies and the layering weight white card stock

and cut out the both size of flowers and leaves.

( Several sets) incase I messed up. ;) 

Cut out the frame with the square,

then Stamped the frame in the Black Onyx Ink.

Stamped the Leaves with the Jelly Bean Green

then the Fresh Asparagus. 

Next I lined up the roses and stamped the Innocent Pink then the Dusty Rose. Then finished it off with the Passionate Pink Ink. 

Next I took the square Die and placed it on the card base where I wanted to cut it out. Using Washi Tape to hold it in place I then ran it through the die machine. 

Then I used that cut out piece and laid it on the piece of acetate that I had saved from a embossing folder package. You can use any acetate for this. Traced around it with a sharpie, and cut it out.

Checked to make sure it was going to fit. tried the corners!  :)

Stamped the acetate with the Greeting and Staz-on ink.

I then used my tape runner to add tape to the back of the frame and sticking down the acetate window! Adding more tape to the back I then taped it to the front of the card over the cut out opening. 

Next I played around and arranged the leaves and flowers until I got something I liked and the taped them down…

* Add tape only to the part of the flower that is sitting below the frame line. I didn’t want to open the card and see the tape on the inside of the card! Same with the leaves. I placed them add kind of decided where the tape will go. I even added tape to the front of a leaf so when I stuck it down it would stick to the rose and it won’t go anywhere! 

After adding the two large ones, I added the ribbon 

*One long piece about 4 1/4” long. the cutting of the ends at a angle and using the twine to gather it. taped it down across the card.

I then cut iff a piece about 22” long and made a double bow. 

I used glue dots to stick it down. Using the 3D foam Squares I popped up the rose and add the leaves with a little Liquid Tom Bow glue

Add the Dusty Rose to the inside. If you have a extra rose stamped, add it to the inside. Or decorate how you wish. Be sure and leave room so your message won’t show through the window. 

And the Finished Card!  :) 

<3   <3   <3  

Thank You for checking out the tutorial! 

I hope you will give this type of card a try..  <3  :)  

Have a Wonderful Day! 

Here is the PDF: Acetate%20Window%20Card.pdf

Views: 1675

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks so much for your video--you did a great job! I always enjoy your tutorials. Thank you for the inspiration...I will definitely be trying this card!

I love the video, wonderful demonstration. What do you put inside beside the rose at bottom. I'm guessing you can write in the area that doesn't show from the outside. Karen just a lovely job and the first time seeing a bow made by fingers.

Hey!  You did a triple bow!  :)  Whoop Whoop!!!!  LOL  and just a little adjusting and fluffing and you got a perfect bow! Gina has a tutorial with a bow that she does with her fingers.   I'll have to find it and link it!  :) 

Jane said:

A picture

Beautiful card. Lovely video - Thank You

Great card Karen,  I have just got a stamp set simular to what you  have used as a free gift in a magazine so I'm going to have a go at doing something the simular, thanks for the inspiration.

What a beautiful card! Awesome job on the video.

Beautiful card Karen!  Thanks for the tutorial and for the pdf file.

Beautiful card. but I need pictures in the PDF like you used to do. Please, Please

I'll use the other camera on my next tutorial and see it that will work. For some reason the pictures are to big or have to much data to them and then when I try to upload it won't allow it... I will try and see what I can do to get you those pictures!  Ca you drag the pictures top your desk top then print them out? Just curious? But I will try again Kathleen! :)  <3 

Kathleen said:

Beautiful card. but I need pictures in the PDF like you used to do. Please, Please

RSS

© 2018   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service