stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

Welcome!!! 

Welcome to this months Stamp Tv Kit Challenge! :)

With all this New Foil and sparkly shiny, I just couldn't resist adding some shine to our

Challenge this month! 

<3

This months Challenge will be to use something shiny or sparkly… It can be glitter, bling,  foil or anything that makes a sparkle or a shine!  :) 

Here is what I used on my shiny card! 

The New Gina K. Designs Foil Items for Therm-O-Web:

Fancy Foils - Wild Lilac and Grass Green

Foil-Mates - Polka Party  and  Stars & Stripes

Die Set - Rectangle - Large and Small Set

Gina K. Designs Pure Luxury Card Stock - White Heavy Base & Layering Weight, Black Onyx, Grass Green, Wild Lilac

Stamp Set - Bold and Blooming

*Twine,  Zig Clean Color Markers -( Light Green, May Green, & Violet),   White Gel Pen, glitter pen 

I hope you all, will join in this Months Challenge! 

We all can use a little sparkle and shine sometimes!  :) 

So, it is your turn to get creative and use some bling, foil or glitter….

or anything that is ... well you know, sparkly or shiny.

I can’t wait to see your sparkle!  <3   

This Months Tag is  STVKC#33

 Here is the link to the challenge gallery! > STVKC#33

Here is the small print: 

*Anyone can play in the challenge with any stamps.

*If You are entering for a chance to win a $20.00 Gift Code from Gina K. Designs to the online store.

  You must use a stamped image, greeting & or sentiment from any Gina K. Design Stamp Tv Kit Stamp Set  to be eligible to win. 

*You have until the last Monday of the month (May 29th.) @ 8:00pm ct. to get your creation loaded for the Challenge 

*You may enter 3 times, and the cards may be combined with other challenges.

* There will be a new tag for each Challenge, and Please be sure to add your tag on your card.

 I have made a video on this card. It will be posted soon! :) 

Views: 1083

Replies to This Discussion

I just watched the video.  Good job!  I do have foil paper and sometimes like a bit of sparkle, so will put my thinking cap on and see what I can create.

I love your card and the way you designed it. I so wanted to get that stars and stripes foiling sheets but when I ordered they were all gone. But maybe one day I will be lucky and find them in stock. Your use of that striped foiled paper in the green color is magnificent with that image you used. I was so inspired that I had to join in as well by doing my foiling in a different way on my card. But I did get a shipping notice that my new laminator will be arriving Monday. Yippee!!

Thank you for watching!  And I can't wait to see what you make!  <3  :) 

lovinpaper said:

I just watched the video.  Good job!  I do have foil paper and sometimes like a bit of sparkle, so will put my thinking cap on and see what I can create.

Thank You Verna, and I'm glad your laminator will be at its new home soon! Gina showed a tip that has helped me, and that was to put a piece of layering weight white cardstock under the image or greeting. It helps push the foil layer up against the rollers, and I have found I get great results. Have fun playing and creating with your foils! 

Verna Angerhofer said:

I love your card and the way you designed it. I so wanted to get that stars and stripes foiling sheets but when I ordered they were all gone. But maybe one day I will be lucky and find them in stock. Your use of that striped foiled paper in the green color is magnificent with that image you used. I was so inspired that I had to join in as well by doing my foiling in a different way on my card. But I did get a shipping notice that my new laminator will be arriving Monday. Yippee!!


I saw on her video that she did that too, so I will keep that in mind when trying to foil.  


Karen Hightower-GKD-DT-Moderator said:

Thank You Verna, and I'm glad your laminator will be at its new home soon! Gina showed a tip that has helped me, and that was to put a piece of layering weight white cardstock under the image or greeting. It helps push the foil layer up against the rollers, and I have found I get great results. Have fun playing and creating with your foils! 

Verna Angerhofer said:

I love your card and the way you designed it. I so wanted to get that stars and stripes foiling sheets but when I ordered they were all gone. But maybe one day I will be lucky and find them in stock. Your use of that striped foiled paper in the green color is magnificent with that image you used. I was so inspired that I had to join in as well by doing my foiling in a different way on my card. But I did get a shipping notice that my new laminator will be arriving Monday. Yippee!!

Love those colors together so bright and happy

You did a fabulous job on your video showcasing your stunning card, was wandering if you could give us some tips on how to take a decent picture of a foiled card. Mine always shows up black, would like to show the foiling, thanks.

wow on this card. It is gorgeous. My order has arrived just across the border so I'm going down early next week to pick it up. Can't wait to play with the foils.

FANTASTIC!!!

Love your card and the video to go with it!  Hope to join in this month...but only time will tell, love the challenge though!  I'm thinking foil...wink of Stella or the star dust pen...maybe a few rhinestones scattered around, but...I'm sure by the time I get around to doing my card, that will all go out the window and something else entirely different will come out of my craft room.  ROFL  Least...thats the way it usually goes if I start out to do one thing, something else happens.  ;-))


I, too, would like to know how to get a better photo. I tried all angles and directions but none are as lovely as yours.  Also I have to keep remembering that if I make a card for the challenge that I use only stamp sets from TV kits. So far I have been lucky this time around.
Cindy Miller said:

You did a fabulous job on your video showcasing your stunning card, was wandering if you could give us some tips on how to take a decent picture of a foiled card. Mine always shows up black, would like to show the foiling, thanks.

This is the easiest way to get the shine. 
 I was cleaning up my crafty room and I was close to a big window, and I picked up my card and with my back to the window, and light coming in, I noticed that the foil was reflecting all the light coming in... So, If you set your card up so it is facing a window and you and your camera can get in-between the window and the card, but you will have to be at a angle so you don't shadow the card! You should be able to get a good reflection with out having to use lots of lights and reflectors... The white on this card is a little dark, but I can lighten it up in my photo area on the computer, I just didn't edit it! I Hope that all makes since!  :)  

With Foil... If you use a flash or a light shinning right at the card, you get a white glare, so I have added velum paper over the light to defuse the light, and that is still stronger than I would like!  In the picture for the tutorial, I had a light shining down in the background, one off to the left side shinning in towards the inside of the card as you can tell, because inside is shining... and then I had a third light shining towards me & took a piece of aluminum foil and held it up until I could see a good reflection in the foil and I took the picture with my free hand!  LOL  If you look in the picture above you can tell something is going on by the reflection of the light in the foil! 

So here is a picture of the same card when I held it up with the light from the window coming in and reflecting on it!  :)  I hope this helps!  :) 


I, too, would like to know how to get a better photo. I tried all angles and directions but none are as lovely as yours.  Also I have to keep remembering that if I make a card for the challenge that I use only stamp sets from TV kits. So far I have been lucky this time around.
Cindy Miller said:

You did a fabulous job on your video showcasing your stunning card, was wandering if you could give us some tips on how to take a decent picture of a foiled card. Mine always shows up black, would like to show the foiling, thanks.

RSS

Get Social with us!

    

Badge

Loading…

© 2017   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service