stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

Welcome to this weeks Friday Funday!

This week I have decide to draw a sketch. I thought it might help some of you that have a hard time using patterns papers!  :)

You can use the sketch anyway you want.

Here is the sketch I put together.  

The card base is 4 1/4” X 11”  scored @ 5 1/2” 

I used the following items for this card project:

Gina K. Designs - 

• Stamp Set - Dazzling Dahlia from the new Stamp Tv Kit Sentimental Summer
  • Pure Luxury Card Stock - White Heavy & Layering Weight, Turquoise Sea
  • Premium Dye Ink - Turquoise Sea
  • Die Sets - Circle Larger Set Single Stitched & Circle Small Set Double Stitched Design
  • Patterned Paper Pack - Made With Love

Ribbon and Bling from my stash

Here is the layers all cut before I put them together!

I put the larger piece that is 3 1/4” X 3 1/2” on first then the 

smaller 2 1/2” X 2 1/2” .

Then stamped the greeting and attached it to the layering circle (Turquoise Sea). Then put a few foam squares on the back & added it to the card base.  I added some enamel dots to the bottom left side and a bow at the top right side! Here is the finished card project! Thank You for stopping by! Let me know what you think and if you would try the sketch? Sketches are fun to do and give you a layout that you might not have tried!  :) If you haven't ever done a sketch, you make a card using the layout that was drawn, but you can turn it on it's side as well. 

Happy Stamping Everyone!!!

Have a great week and I hope you get to get a little inky!  <3 

Views: 830

Replies to This Discussion

How do we mark it so it gets identified correctly??          FF  Something???

You can tag it fridayfunday,  but it isn't a challenge so you don't have to tag it. :) 

Karen Knegten said:

I love sketches.  Hopefully I will get to give this one a try.  Pretty card!

Thanks for answering me, Karen

Karen Knegten said:

Beautiful I love it!
Beautiful card, Karen! Was thinking this would make a great challenge - one where we have to follow a sketch! Thanks for sharing!

I have the next MIUM challenge and maybe I'll do a sketch for that one!  :). <3.  So glad you all like it!  :)

Another fantabulous (yes Melissaneese) creation by Karen Hightower!  Question:  How do we overcome the fear and dread of leaving white space on our cards?  Seriously I would not have been able to walk away from this without placing some swirls or tiny accents into the white space.  Maybe some sponging and please, please,and double please don't say practice, practice, and practice...... tears.  LOL

:) Thank you and if you are talking about the white space above the bow, well... I almost did the same thing. I almost put a extra enamel dot, and or a swirl... I even thought of sponging as well. But I drew the sketch, and I figured this... I have 3 enamel dots at the bottom left, I have 3 panels (2) with PP and (1) with a greeting, One bow in the upper right corner.... So If I added anything else, it might make it off balance or be to much in one corner and not the other. Remember Your eye will travel around the card to the color and it can rest on the bow and dots... anymore it may seem to much. Sometimes you just have to let there be some white to make everything else stand out!  As for getting over the fear... I don't have a answer for that other than just know that some less busy areas are a good thing from time to time!  :). <3 

Melissa Kompkoff said:

Another fantabulous (yes Melissaneese) creation by Karen Hightower!  Question:  How do we overcome the fear and dread of leaving white space on our cards?  Seriously I would not have been able to walk away from this without placing some swirls or tiny accents into the white space.  Maybe some sponging and please, please,and double please don't say practice, practice, and practice...... tears.  LOL

Karen, I sat down today, pulled out several packs of patterned paper along with your sketch and made one card.  I enjoy following sketches as I really don't have to think too hard.  :)  I did add a third pattern to fit this month's challenge.  You made this easy.  Thanks for the sketch.

Sweet!!!

RSS

Get Social with us!

Badge

Loading…

© 2017   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service