stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

Welcome to This Weeks Friday Funday!  

Wow, the Fridays seem to be passing by so quick! 

I’m thinking we need a machine that can slow down time just a little! LOL  

I hope you all are staying cool this summer and if you are from the

south end of the world, I hope you are staying warm! <3

I know a lot of crafters that are starting Christmas and Winter Cards

so they have a jump on it this year!

Some are really good and start early every year!

I try, but usually I’m doing them up until they last few weeks. 

I guess I’m going to have to turn the A/C down and put on

the appropriate music!  LOL …

Ok, back to this weeks tutorial. 

This week for this card project I have decide to play around

with one of Gina’s new Stencils. 

So lets get started…

I used the following Gina K. Designs items:

• Stamp Set- Dazzling Dahlia  from the New STV Kit - Sentimental Summer
  • GKD Art Stencils - Foliage
  • Pure Luxury Card Stock - White Heavy Base & Layering Weight, Jelly Bean Green, & Dusty Rose (for the inside w/ white layer also) 
  • Premium Dye Inks -  Dusty Rose, Jelly Bean Green & Fresh Asparagus
  • Patterned Paper Pack - Petite Patterns 
  • Fine Detail Embossing Powder - Clear

Other items - Versa Fine - Black, Prisma Color Pencils - White #938, Blush Pink #928, Pink # 929, Ribbon and Enamel dots,  repositionable 

tape runner, painters tape, Nuvo Double Ended Stencil Brush

First I cut my card base down to 4 1/4” X 5 1/4”  I did that as I was putting it together, because I ended up liking the look better and I already had the background cut and layered, So I just cut the card base down to make it work!  :) 

Use a layering weight panel and the repositionable tape to hold it to the paper under it. If you don’t have the repositionalbe tape, use a piece of low tac tape. Painters Tape, & Washi is good also. Then place the stencil over the panel and secure it down. 

I used a  stencil brush (You could use a sponge dauber ) Pick up a bit of Jelly Bean Green ink on the brush and tap off a little, then lightly brush over the stencil. 

You can go in circler motion or back and forth. ( If you are using a sponge dauber, tap off the excess and lightly sponge over the stencil.  I wanted a airbrush look to this and the brushes are good at the light soft look - or using a light hand… :)

then using a small dauber add a little ink to the bottom part of the leaves and lightly blend out some. You want a lot of the lighter green showing. 

You can see I stayed close to the base of the leaves with the small dauber that was loaded with the Fresh Asparagus ink. 

After that is done remove the stencil and set that panel aside.

Grab some paper with a little tooth so you can use pencils to color the flower.

Ink up your image and stamp it off once and then stamp the flower in Dusty Rose.

I used the colors listed above to color in the flower. Then Starting with the darker color, lightly color in the areas where a shadow would be or the base of the flower where it will be darker. Then added some of the lighter color, then you will go back and add some more of the darker color and more lighter color. blending together softly to build up the colors. When you get a lot of the tooth of the paper filled then you can blend together with a white pencil.

You can do this how ever you like to blend your pencils. This is how I did this flower, but feel free to blend however you want. 

After that is finished up, die cut it or cut it out. 

Then Emboss the Greeting on the stenciled panel. 

Then cut a piece of PP.

You can see in the photo that it is a thin strip about 3/4” to a inch wide.

It is taped down all the way to the edge of the card base

The stencil layer is trimmed down so a layer of Jelly Bean Green

cardstock can be added behind it.

Then added a piece of ribbon and secured it to the back,

attach this layer to the front of the card, then 

Make a Double Looped Bow and attached it on top of the ribbon on the base.

Added the flower above the bow and using 3D Foam Squares.

Then finish it all off with some bling!  :)  <3 

This is the final card project. 

Thank You for stopping by and I hope you all have a good weekend and have a chance to get a little inky!  :)

((( Hugs ))) Karen 

Views: 1338

Replies to This Discussion

Beautiful card Karen. I love the two tone stenciling. What paper did you use for you flower?

Hi Gina, I used Gina's Artist Choice paper that Gina K. carries in the store. Here is a link for you! http://www.shop.ginakdesigns.com/category.sc;jsessionid=55EFBEC0CD3.... It is a really nice paper for pencils. It has a good tooth to it!  :). <3 

Gina O'Donnell said:

Beautiful card Karen. I love the two tone stenciling. What paper did you use for you flower?

Such a beautiful card, Karen. Love the colouring on your flower - it totally makes that flower come to life!

RSS

Get Social with us!

Badge

Loading…

© 2017   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service