Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

Welcome this week to our

Stamp Tv Kit Addicts Friday Funday Tutorial! 

This week I am sharing a technique that you and a lot

of crafters might have tried or done,

but I kinda fell upon it when I was making

cards for our release party.

I had stamped a image and apparently

got a little green ink on my finger,

and it ended up on my card.

So I grabbed my sand eraser to see if it would remove it…

well it did remove most of it, so I continued.

I added versa mark ink to the image I had stamped

and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder.

Next I did the emboss resist technique and

the spot that i have used the sand eraser on,

grabbed more of the ink.

When I was finished it kinda reminded me of leather.

So I thought it would make great rustic or

south west looking christmas tags or a card.

I will use this technique in the future for some masculine cards! <3 

Here are the items I used. 

Gina K. Designs Suppies used:

• Stamp Tv. Kit - Merry & Bright
  • Pure Luxury Card Stock - Layering Weight White ( I prefer Heavy Base Weight for Tags)  
  • Premium Dye Ink - Warm Cocoa, Grass Green, Kraft, Dark Chocolate 
  • Tag Die - Decortive Tag Set 
  • Fine Detail Embossing Powder - Clear

So I started this project by die cutting the tag die from Layering Weight Card Stock ( I will use Heavy Base Weight on my next ones) 

I then put my stamp in my MISTI and stamped

the pine needles on the tag using Grass Green Ink. 

You don't have to have a Misti,

you can use any stamp positioning tool.

Or Eyeball it! 

I then grabbed the small pinecone image and put it on a block and used the Kraft and Dark Chocolate inks. I inked up the image in Kraft and then did the rock -n- roll technique to get a little of the Dk. Chocolate on the edges and stamped the pinecone. Inked it up and stamped a second one! 

After the ink had a few seconds to dry I used the embossing magic and prepped it for heat embossing. I place the tag in the misti where it was before and used the versa fine ink and stamped the pine needles. Then just eyeballing the pinecone I stamped it in versa fine ink as well. Applied the clear embossing powder and heat set it. 

Next I took the sand eraser and just erased areas on the tag.

This is the sand eraser that Gina carries them in her store.

Just so when I ink it up it will grab ink in some areas more than others. 

I sponged on Warm Cocoa Ink and when I got the desired color I wanted, I used Dark Chocolate on a sponge dauber and inked around the edges for a little more color!

Now you can see where I used the sand eraser.

It leaves darker spots and gives it a rustic feel.

Then I stamped the greeting with Dk. Chocolate in my Misti and then inked it up with versa fine and heat embossed it with clear powder! :) 

I had fun doing this technique and I am loving this kit!  <3 

I just couldn't quit with the pine needles,

I had to try it with the Poinsettia and the snowflakes! :) 

So tell me in the comments... Is this something you would try or have done before? 

Happy Stamping and

I hope you have a little time to get inky! :) 

Views: 1060

Replies to This Discussion

I haven't done this before but will definitely try it, especially since I have a sand eraser coming in my order! It is a great idea for when I make mistakes, as well!

I have used it on scene cards with oxide inks like Theresa showed us in one of her videos, but not with regular inks! Will give it a try! Love your tags! Love the sand eraser, has fixed many a mistake! Haha! Thanks for sharing!

That is so cool and your tags look amazing. I will try that some time soon too.

I will have to try this, always need tags or even to go on a card front

Love these I am off to try this technique thanks so much for the idea.

Love it and nope I don't believe I have ever heard of this technique but it sure looks so cool and I sure hope I get some time to try it

I have done this before. I was addicted to tags when I first started stamping. I hand cut them. I used sepia and antique gold ink it was so fun and so many different looks. I need to learn how to post pictures so I can share my art work. I do enjoy every one elses. Thanks.

Never done this technique. But I’m gonna try it now. Your tags are beautiful. These are great masculine tags as well.

Gina, I need a foiling machine, could you please tell me where to go, or where to order one

I am not Gina, but this is the one that Thermoweb is showing on their website.

Here is the Thermoweb link:

Hope this helps.  I just saw a video of Gina at Creativation and she was explaining that Thermoweb uses this Laminator for testing all of the foiling product.

Joyce Nohner said:

Gina, I need a foiling machine, could you please tell me where to go, or where to order one

Get Social with us!

© 2018   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service