stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

Hey y'all!!  Cat here as your Funday hostess today!   I was waiting for Tricia  to post to you before posting what was going on with her and her husband. Here is what Tricia posted: Comment by Tricia / GKD DT 20 hours ago

Hi everyone. Sorry I've been so quiet. I had to take my husband to Urgent Care on Monday morning for a huge headache. Within 15 minutes after the CT scan, the ambulance had been called from the hospital and a neurosurgeon was at the ready to evaluate a clot that the had detected in his brain. It turns out he had a 17 mm Colloid Cyst in the center of his brain that was completely blocking the flow of Spinal Fluid in the brain. After numerous test and numerous drugs to get him stable he had successful brain surgery yesterday morning. Then this morning I ended up in the ER with a rapid heart rate, I had my share of numerous tests, too, but it seems that stress plus too little food plus back conditions, plus too little water plus little to no sleep for three or four days can really mess up your system! I'm home tonight on doctors orders and pretty shaky still. I've put Friday Funday in the hands of the team for tomorrow at least and maybe next week, too, while I get adjusted to our new normal, but I promise I'll be back soon. I'd love your thoughts and prayers for our family over the next few weeks!

Blessings!

Tricia

FRIDAY FUNDAY!!

Prayers and quick healing wishes going up for Tricia and her husband!! Ok, for this week's challenge, I used an older STV kit, and one of my all time favorites, Birthday Birthday Blessings. as the title suggests, we are going to make an ATC, Artist Trading Card! BUT! It is going to be a 'mini' me of a card you create! Let me explain

First-- Make a card...any card is fine, but keep in mind you are going to have to do a mini version of that card. The 'mini me' of the card can be no larger than 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 . Here is my example:

And the StampTV kit I used, Birthday Blessings:

As you can see, I have used identical papers on this. same layout, same amount of embellies, clothespins, die cuts, rolled roses...you see? So your 'mini me' of the card has got to have the same as your big card! Make sense? If not, just ask and ill be checking in on the thread over the course of the challenge.

Hope you enjoy doing this challenge with us this week!! I was glad to jump in and help Tricia out this week! And how about I throw in a little prize? Let's do a grab bag of extras I might have laying around!! I will draw for the winner one week from today, which will be June 19th. Cant wait to see all of your creations!

The Rules:

!.  Make a card AND an ATC in mini version as described above.

2.  You can use ANY STV kit.  It does not have to be this one I used.  Here is a link to the ones in the store:

StampTV kits

3.  Upload it to our gallery using the tag STVFFCT1 to be entered into the drawing for a little grab bag of goodies from me next week.  Deadline for that will be June 19th, 8:00PM CST.

Hope you enjoy doing this challenge with us this week!! I was glad to jump in and help Tricia out this week! And how about I throw in a little prize? Let's do a grab bag of extras I might have laying around!! I will draw for the winner one week from today, which will be June 19th. Cant wait to see all of your creations!

To view all the creations for this challenge click  STVFFCT1

(little trick for taking a pic of the ATC...take a piece of cardstock cut about 1" x 3" and tape to the back of the ATC, use a piece if temp tape or washi tape works good also)

Views: 910

Replies to This Discussion

This does look the challenge.  The thinking cap will have to come on.  I had to look the size of an ATC up and I found 2 1/2 X 3 1/2 inches.  So, the piece of paper for taking the picture is to put on the back, so it will stand.  That is a great idea!  Thanks for the challenge.

LOL!  yea, a bit more to the challenge than some...:D  And thanks for the reminder about the size too!  I was racking my brain cause I knew there was something else I needed to say! 
lovinpaper said:

This does look the challenge.  The thinking cap will have to come on.  I had to look the size of an ATC up and I found 2 1/2 X 3 1/2 inches.  So, the piece of paper for taking the picture is to put on the back, so it will stand.  That is a great idea!  Thanks for the challenge.

What has happened to Tricia's husband?  I could not find a reference anywhere on the site.  Your comment precipitated this question.  I will certainly pray blindly, God knows.  Thanks for any info you have.  The challenge looks like fun, just have to find the time first.

Go through the chat threads at least one page back.  He had a clot in his brain, had surgery, then she had issues.  She explains it much better than I can.

Anne Beck said:

What has happened to Tricia's husband?  I could not find a reference anywhere on the site.  Your comment precipitated this question.  I will certainly pray blindly, God knows.  Thanks for any info you have.  The challenge looks like fun, just have to find the time first.

where are the chat threads?

Louise  said:

where are the chat threads?

The chat threads are when you come into the addicts group and do not go into a discussion.  Go below the discussions and you should see many entries.  Those are the chat threads.

The banner reads Comments, rather than chats.  Cat posted Tricia's post in her challenge above.  That will save you from going through those pages, unless you want to.

lovinpaper said:

The chat threads are when you come into the addicts group and do not go into a discussion.  Go below the discussions and you should see many entries.  Those are the chat threads.

I played a bit yesterday with this challenge.  Here are my creations:  http://stamptv.ning.com/photo/summer-blooms-with-atc?context=user

Thanks for the challenge that made me think a bit harder.

Sending prayers to Tricia and her family.

Cat, you really do make beautiful cards!!!

I am a beginner but I will attempt this.  Thanks so much for all you do, and for helping Tricia through this difficult time.

Tricia, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your husband in this difficult time.

RSS

© 2020   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service