stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

Does anyone have issues with their white gel pens like I do???? They seem to skip A LOT and or sort of get clogged up and I have to scratch on paper to get them going again.

I NEED something that works consistently. BOTH of my pens were bought from SU... so I'm thinking maybe I should buy them from somewhere else??? *wink* But... I honestly think they are the same brand... maybe not.

Any suggestions or thoughts?

Views: 107

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sharri... try here. Mister Art

Sharri said:
I have had better luck with the Inkssentials Opaque pen but am on the hunt for a white sharpie extra fine point poster marker which I have heard is a much better than the inkssentials pen. When I find one I will let you know if I agree.
Hey Gals... I got my Inkssentials Pen from Gina K last week and I LOVE IT!!!!! It is writing so smoothly. I DO store my pens horizontally and this was no exception but when I picked up the SU one it skipped, etc. This one is NOT doing that!!! Woohoo! Wish me luck!
I'm just adding to what's already here. I have three pens. The Inkssentials is head and shoulders above the other two.

1. Ranger Inssentials
2. Signo
3. American Crafts

Now that I've tried the Inkssentials, I'll never buy the other two again.
it's always interesting to read responses. The only white gel pen that I have had any luck with is the one from SU! My Inkssentials has never worked well at all so I've kind of given up using one at all. I'll keep an eye on this thread for other ideas - Lois I will try your tip! Thanks
I agree Carla,
We tried a whole bunch before choosing which one to carry in the store. We really do love this one. I think it can be the nature of all gel pens to clog on occasion due to the fact that it is more of a paint-like substance than an ink.

Carla said:
I'm just adding to what's already here. I have three pens. The Inkssentials is head and shoulders above the other two.

1. Ranger Inssentials
2. Signo
3. American Crafts

Now that I've tried the Inkssentials, I'll never buy the other two again.
Lois gave a great tip which I use and works every time. I also was told that you should always replace the cap on the pen as soon as you are done using it.
OOoh Tina - I looked into this BUT three pens would have cost me $6.96 and the standard shipping was $7.48?!?! Now I do a lot of shipping of things and I can't believe that 2 sharpie pens should cost almost $7.50 to ship - my last GKD order which was heavy and a lot of paper was only $6.00 and change. SO just be careful - I guess I'll look around locally.

Tina Gilliland said:
Sharri... try here. Mister Art

Sharri said:
I have had better luck with the Inkssentials Opaque pen but am on the hunt for a white sharpie extra fine point poster marker which I have heard is a much better than the inkssentials pen. When I find one I will let you know if I agree.
ooh, very interesting tip :) I'll have to give it a try next time. I have 2 or 3 SU ones and the Ranger one also :)

Lois Bak said:
This is the pen that SU sells. I had been having trouble with my Signo pen and switched to the Inkssentials pen, which I really like. I attended a stamping retreat that Faith Hofrichter had in March, and she gave us a tip. If you rub the SU gel pen on the back of your hand (in the "flap" between your thumb and forefinger), it picks up some oil from your skin -- and will start to write smoothly once again. I have tried this tip several times, and it works every time.

Linda said:
I have found a white pen that I absolutely love. It is: uni-ball signo broad. It also says Mitsubishi Pencil Co., Ltd. on it. My wonderful Sister who lives in CA gave me this pen when she was here to visit. I'm almost sure she said she bought it in the local scrapbook store where she works part time. I sure hope I am able to find it here in NE when the need arises, because it is the best I have ever used.
Hugs, Linda S. in NE
I haven't watched this yet but kwerner did a video: http://www.kwernerdesign.com/blog/?p=2106
Love your tip I am going to try it!
ive only ever used inkessentials and havent had any probs!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service