stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

Does anyone have issues with their white gel pens like I do???? They seem to skip A LOT and or sort of get clogged up and I have to scratch on paper to get them going again.

I NEED something that works consistently. BOTH of my pens were bought from SU... so I'm thinking maybe I should buy them from somewhere else??? *wink* But... I honestly think they are the same brand... maybe not.

Any suggestions or thoughts?

Views: 107

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've used many white gel pens, including the SU! ones, and the one that I love best is made by Ranger. Inkssentials Opaque Gel pen. I always store my gel pens flat and even then I'll sometimes have to get the ink rolling especially if I haven't used it for a while. The best way to keep the ink always flowing is to use it often. :)
I have issues with clogging and skipping. I think it is the makeup of the ink. I bought the pen made by Ranger. Same one that Gina sells in the store. I do like that it is more opaque, but it still clogs some times.

Lynn, does storing them flat do something special? I currently store mine tip side down, but if I should be storing them horizontally I need to change that.
Hi
not posted on here before but white gel pens are something I have experience with as I do a lot of Parchment Craft . Most of the gel pens available in this country ( UK ) are useless for parchment craft . They are either scratchy , write intermitently , blob or are too thick for the fine lines I require . Sakura white glaze pens are the best I have found although I personally find this a touch thick for what I want . I think I am going to have to get a Rotring Isograph Pen and Ink but would recommend the sakura ones for other things
love Chris
I have had a terrible time with the SU white gel pens. I much prefer the Inkssentials that Gina carries in her store. I store mine flat as well and for me that is works best. HTH!
I am currently using PENTEL white gel pen from Japan. The tip it says on the pen is to keep on writing to revive the ink & avoid tapping base. I always do what it says and it is pretty OK so far. It only costs $1 each so I have bought 2 and the second one has not been used so far.
I have had issues also with the white pens so far the one works for the best, for me is Inkssenials opaque. I find they do a lot better if you don't leave the cap off and I wipe the tip off with alcohol if they stop working. Still looking for better.
I have had trouble with the white ones also, from Sakura. The colored ones work but not the white glaze ones. I wrote them but never received an answer. Inkssentials makes a white "opaque" pen that works well, but its not a glaze or gel pen. Anyone else out there having problems or suggestions? I even lit a match under the tip of my white glaze pen to no avail. You can see that it is filles with gel.
I ordered a new pen from Gina today. I'll see how it does. I'm keeping my fingers crossed as it does seem to be the best one. Gina is so good at getting us the best out there, no matter what it is!
I second your comments and problems with the white gel pens (S-UP brand)....It got to the point where I just gave up!! and said "forget this"...I made sure I laid them horizontally when storing, etc...but I just could never get them going, and IF I was able to after several tries...the minute I set it aside to do something else, and than reach for it again...nuttin' honey!! :)

I would be VERY interested also in other people's favorite brands...
I have found a white pen that I absolutely love. It is: uni-ball signo broad. It also says Mitsubishi Pencil Co., Ltd. on it. My wonderful Sister who lives in CA gave me this pen when she was here to visit. I'm almost sure she said she bought it in the local scrapbook store where she works part time. I sure hope I am able to find it here in NE when the need arises, because it is the best I have ever used.
Hugs, Linda S. in NE
This is the pen that SU sells. I had been having trouble with my Signo pen and switched to the Inkssentials pen, which I really like. I attended a stamping retreat that Faith Hofrichter had in March, and she gave us a tip. If you rub the SU gel pen on the back of your hand (in the "flap" between your thumb and forefinger), it picks up some oil from your skin -- and will start to write smoothly once again. I have tried this tip several times, and it works every time.

Linda said:
I have found a white pen that I absolutely love. It is: uni-ball signo broad. It also says Mitsubishi Pencil Co., Ltd. on it. My wonderful Sister who lives in CA gave me this pen when she was here to visit. I'm almost sure she said she bought it in the local scrapbook store where she works part time. I sure hope I am able to find it here in NE when the need arises, because it is the best I have ever used.
Hugs, Linda S. in NE
I have had better luck with the Inkssentials Opaque pen but am on the hunt for a white sharpie extra fine point poster marker which I have heard is a much better than the inkssentials pen. When I find one I will let you know if I agree.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service