stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

Dear Stamp TV:

Thank you for all the hard work you do daily.  Two quick questions:

1.  Does anyone know if Copic makes a pure white marker that will show up on Dark Color cardstock?

2.  Does anyone know if they sell a Black Glitter Pen.  I buy the ones I have from Gina K., however, she does not sell black?

Thanks in advance & Have a Wonderful New Year.

Hollie

Views: 356

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't believe Copics have white pens.  I tried to get one myself.  Not idea about the glitter pens.  Try googling "Copics Black Glitter Marker".  Something is sure to come up that will confirm one way or the other.

As far as I know Copic does not sell either of those.  For glittering up on top of black I use the clear Sakura glitter pen that Gina sells.

The atyou Spica Glitter Pen comes in black (and other colors).  I saw it on the copic marker site.

I also use the clear Sakura glitter pen because you can use one pen to make lots of colors sparkle!  (I haven't seen a black Sakura glitter pen if that is what you were looking for.)

The best white pen I have found are Water bases Sharpies and the Souffle pens by Sakura.  As far as a black glittler pen I highly recommend the Wink of Stella pen.  There is a brush tip version and a fine marker detailed version.  Hope that helps.

You could also try the White Picket Fence Distress Marker by Ranger.   

Gina used the White Faber-Castell Pitt Pen in her "Plaid Background Snowman Card" which seemed to work very well.

Copic does not sell a white marker in opaque white, but there are several tutorials on how to color white with copics. Unfortunately you would have to use something like this to create the white first http://store.copicmarker.com/collections/accessories/products/copqw, then add your shading on top to make it pop.
But I agree with those above who have recommended white pens. I have not found a great white yet, but would love to hear more suggestions.

I have found and use a white pen used to correct typing. So far it is the only thing I have found that works. Copic does have a white pearl pen but it does not show up well at all.

Hi, Hollie -- To answer your questions:

1. No, Copic does not have a white MARKER but instead, an Opaque White that is in a paint type form, in a little jar. It can be used with a paint brush, pin head, etc. to paint, draw or dot onto your projects. It is very opaque and shows up very well on dark cardstock. The reason it can't be made into a marker, is that the white ink is highly pigmented (and thus, thicker) and won't flow thru the nirmal marker nibs.

2. Yes, there are 2 Copic Atyou Spica Glitter Pens -- Black & Pitch Black (darker). Have fun getting sparkly!

Hope that helps!

Sharon Harnist
Copic Marker Designer

Sharon is right. Love Copic Atyou Spica Glitter Pens. All birds I do get a dot from one of the black pens. Puts a nice sparkle in their eyes.

I've used the Sakura Gelly Roll (Med) White and it works really nice on dark cardstock. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service