stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

Just a fun question. What do you do first when you are going to design a card? Do you pick the paper, or the image? Or maybe something else.Would love to hear what YOU do......

Views: 719

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Definitely the result!  Now when it comes to organizing, however.......I think I'm doing that for the sheer fun of it.  I have reorganized my ribbons, markers, papers, etc. numerous times!  

Heidi... said:

A friend of mine mentioned to me one time that she thinks I am a "process person" instead of a "result person." She meant that I enjoy doing the craft more than I want to just have a card. I think there is something to that, but I also sometimes think of the result I want (a nicely colored card, a cool background technique) and spend the time because I know that is what it is going to take to get the result I want.

Anyhow, I think it is something interesting to think about along the lines of this thread, is the the process or the result that motivates you?

I usually choose the image first, then pick the paper and cardstock.

Ooh, I do the same thing at times! The "Stuff stare-down"  LOL  Y'all crack me up!  But these thing are so true. LOL  I also can have a mess, but after a card to two or three, I have to put everything away and start from a clean desk! Too much, clutters my brain… LOL    :)

Cindy Horvath said:

Your stuff stares you down, too??  Glad Im not the only one...

Andrea S said:

Hi All, newbie here.  I apologize for just jumping right in here without an introduction but I didn’t see an introduction thread. 

Most times I will see a technique that I want to try which gives me a general direction that I want to go or I have a specific card that I need to make for a birthday, etc.  I will admit though, it takes me such a long time to make a card.  I will make a background paper or focal image and then I can’t decide what I want to do with it.   Which ribbon to use? Emboss or not to emboss and which embossing folder to use? I could go on.  I think I have too many great products staring at me and too many choices to make.  Quite often, as others have mentioned, I will come up with an idea as I’m laying in bed or after I walk away from my craft table.  I think my mind quiets down enough at that point to come up with something since I don’t have all my stuff staring at me.   

Heidi, can you be both? Process & Result!?! I think I'm both… hehehe. 

Gabi Heinrich said:

Definitely the result!  Now when it comes to organizing, however.......I think I'm doing that for the sheer fun of it.  I have reorganized my ribbons, markers, papers, etc. numerous times!  

Heidi... said:

A friend of mine mentioned to me one time that she thinks I am a "process person" instead of a "result person." She meant that I enjoy doing the craft more than I want to just have a card. I think there is something to that, but I also sometimes think of the result I want (a nicely colored card, a cool background technique) and spend the time because I know that is what it is going to take to get the result I want.

Anyhow, I think it is something interesting to think about along the lines of this thread, is the the process or the result that motivates you?

Is there a 12 step program to help those of us with AIADD? 

No there isn't, but after I clean off my dest & put up these stamps maybe we can talk about it! LOL  

Kathy Krug said:

HA!!!! I was gonna say I think we should start one, but what would be the fun in that. I like having AIADD - it's my excuse for everything....bahaha!!!

Kathy Krug said:

And THAT'S the material point:  The all-encompassing excuse!  No no, wouldn't want to lose that!  No remedial program for me, please!  I'm definitely with you on that one, Judy, LOL!

Judy Woodland said:

HA!!!! I was gonna say I think we should start one, but what would be the fun in that. I like having AIADD - it's my excuse for everything....bahaha!!!

Kathy Krug said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service